Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Push Up Brentford!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I stumbled across this little gem whilst searching through the tv channels late last night, it was basically a documentary of Brentford's 116 year history of playing at Griffin Park, and hidden away on the Together channel.

Many long term fans reminisced about their time supporting the club that hey obviously love, and l found it surprising how parts of their history mirrored our own struggles.

They too had their share of rogue chairmen trying to sell off the club from under the fans noses. First in the late 1960's a deal very nearly went through merging Brentford with their arch rivals Queens Park Rangers, then some years later during the Ron Noades years Griffin Park was nearly sold for housing and a plan put in place to ground share at Woking.

All sound eerily familiar? I know for the last few years, with our respective chairmen being the best of enemies, not a lot of love is lost between our two sets of fans, but after watching last night, l do feel a certain sense of affilation with them, and undertand what they went through.

Did anyone else watch it?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
In 116 years of football I like to think I witnessed the best ever goal there.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Thanks for that just forwarded it on to a friend who is a Bee who is yet to watch this
Apparently the Push Up Brentford man is a local legend
Every game shouting Push Up Brentford regardless of how the games going For the duration of the game :clap2:

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Good watch. Football fans are the same up and down the country. One thing they mentioned is something I miss from the days of the terraces at Brighton. When you stood in different areas of the Goldstone, you would have your same spot and know the people around you. I still have conversations with people where we say "I wonder what so and so is doing and if they still go?". So and so would be the nickname we gave someone who we never met properly or knew their real name but were on nodding and even "hello" terms because they stood in same spot as us at home games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here