Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Plantar Fasciitis (not a new player)

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I was diagnosed with this late last year and have used support insoles with some relief, but I’m looking to get a new pair of everyday shoes or boots as I think my DMs might be the issue.
Any recommendations would be welcome thanks!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Might be worth you cross posting on the running thread. PF is a common running injury - a few on there have had it and might be able to help. Also with relief exercises etc.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought this was another gardening fred.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
An holistic Chartered Physio I saw over this gave me great advice. Forget about trainers that compensate for overpronation or supination, simply go for trainers with excellent reviews for cushioning.

In my case I went fo general use New Balance 880's I think. It made all the difference.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Might be worth you cross posting on the running thread. PF is a common running injury - a few on there have had it and might be able to help. Also with relief exercises etc.

Cheers!

Mods please delete this thread too!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I suffer with it and also tendinitis in my achilles.

Another vote for Skechers, they're brilliant for 40 quid.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I used an elasticated sock at night....not those white things but some that looked like a normal sock with the toes cut off. Worked a charm for me

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Trainers with arch support are definitely the way to go. You might find massage helps, maybe self massage (not that type). Get a massage ball and put it under the top of your calf knee the knee. The outside of the calf just under the knee is a great pressure point. The meat of the calf too.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I was diagnosed with this late last year and have used support insoles with some relief, but I’m looking to get a new pair of everyday shoes or boots as I think my DMs might be the issue.
Any recommendations would be welcome thanks!

Suffered badly from myself in past. Get yourself some quality plantar f.soles as sure you have, take em with you to shoe shop, insert into bigger pair or ask to remove existing soles (or do when get home), and where what you want basically. Works for me! From sketchers to DMs, to Oxfords and Chelsea boots. Only ones I don’t have fitted with are my dive boots and fins :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yep. Sketchers are the way to go, another vote from me. But as per previous you don’t have to be restricted. I wear anything with proper pf soles inserted. Except high heels. Had to give them up.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I remember searching through a pile of 400 Doc Martins to find my pair. Went in with ankle boots and came out with hi -legs in ox blood.

Would anyone like to explain to the kids what the heck I’m on about.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I remember searching through a pile of 400 Doc Martins to find my pair. Went in with ankle boots and came out with hi -legs in ox blood.

Would anyone like to explain to the kids what the heck I’m on about.

A football fan in the 1970s?! Was it home or away? :)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I was rendered borderline disabled due to it, couldn’t walk properly for months, had to completely give up jogging or playing football, eventually purchased some insoles with plastic arch supports and that was it, fully cured. I’m guessing DMs have flat soles? My work boots were also flat and I’ve deciphered that’s where the problem occurred.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I wore a special boot for this at night for a few weeks and it fixed it for a while but it came back quickly when I started running again. What fixed it longer term for me was a physio attached to one of the Brighton running clubs. He identified it as a posterior chain issue above all. Four sessions, ten minutes of exercises most days strengthening and releasing tension in glutes, hips, core and some other stuff, and touch wood it's not come back in 9 months. A knee issue I've also had for nearly 30 years is also pretty much resolved. He also recommended low drop / no drop shoes to allow feet to properly sense the ground and adjust to balance. I took his advice and no complaints (except the wide toe end looks a bit weird).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here