Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] F1 2021

D

Deleted member 2719

The problem I have is that the rules are not being consistently enforced and Max broke those today. If Max takes the normal racing line and closed the door on Lewis that is hard and marginal racing but that is fine (Lewis and Nico both did this at times in a couple of their ding dong seasons). Max didn't take the racing line but forced Lewis off the track to the extent that he also went 2-3 car widths off the track and that is not fine.

I don't think Lewis would have done that even before he won a WC. LH has always been a hard and aggressive driver, especially in his early seasons but Max just chucks his car into situations and gives other drivers a 'yield or crash' decision. A nasty piece of work and sad considering he has the talent to be a cleaner driver.

The last part is the true part of what you say he does have the talent, but not the car on this track at this moment.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Max pushed Ham off and went off himself and maintained the lead - that’s cheating. And weaving side to side when leading - also cheating.

I don’t find him very likeable.

Lewis needs to smash it now in this race and the last 3. Would be ideal if Bottas could start beating the RB’s too to take some points off them.

Any more of a “cheat” than tripping a player who is clear in on goal? - or is some cheating ok?

Brilliant drive by LH - enjoyed the race despite the “VAR” decision by the stewards.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What a race! Edge of the seat stuff until Lewis got in front after not one but two pieces of absolute filth from Max. Hearing God Save The Queen on the podium on this weekend would surely make any true patriot immensely proud.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
***K off yourself.

What is your problem?
You always need to get nasty over it.
You can not take a different viewpoint.

Yes, he drove well yes I said Merc would have both on the podium, please don't forget Lewis had a new engine in a very fast car, he was always going to be there or thereabout if he stayed out of trouble.

I expect him to squeeze Max to the end.

Because you always moan or find reasons why Hamilton won, never once heard you say he won fair and square, so yeah **** off and I’ll **** off from responding to you.

Your Hamilton agenda is ****ing pathetic

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Brilliant from Lewis. If he goes on to retain the championship this year it will be despite Max’s best attempts at unsportsmanship (verging on cheating/bullying) behaviour and thoroughly deserved👍

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
You think you do, you absolutely don't know what I would say.

I have seen many on here crying for weeks about Max and Horner, why is that?

Please don't forget it was Merc trying to cheat.

All you seem to do on this thread is cry/whinge about Lewis/Mercedes. If they win their car is far superior or Lewis is a cheat.
If Max wins it’s because he’s a superior driver it’s nothing to do with the car.
Sometimes you have just got to give credit where credit is due.
Also if Mercedes tried to cheat they should be punished, which they were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
What's the blue and white flag for that they said MV got because he did this? Does that make any difference to the race itself?

I thought they said black and white flag, it's just a warning no penalty this time.......watch it.

Great race form Hammy, if Max didn't open the steering doesn't that mean he was out of control? Should have had a penalty either way.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
***K off yourself.

What is your problem?

Yes, he drove well yes I said Merc would have both on the podium, please don't forget Lewis had a new engine in a very fast car, he was always going to be there or thereabout if he stayed out of trouble.

And there it is, the needy blubbering.
Who had 18:53 in the sweepstake?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think Lewis needs to win the last 3 races now. What would help Lewis also would be for Bottas to not only qualify well but actually stop Verstappen from passing him at the beginning of each race for a change.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Lewis needs to win the last 3 races now. What would help Lewis also would be for Bottas to not only qualify well but actually stop Verstappen from passing him at the beginning of each race for a change.

The gulf in class between Hamilton and Bottas in race mode is massive.

If Verstappen had slowed down to give Perez DRS as Perez asked it would have made Hamilton’s overtake much more difficult. As soon as Perez suggested it I burst out laughing as I knew Max didn’t have the race craft to see it was a good suggestion. If Perez could have kept Lewis behind him with DRS it would have given Max a decent chance of winning the race.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I would have loved to have seen Lewis offer to show Max around his car at the end. Just reward for his sneaky behaviour earlier in the Parc ferme.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
***K off yourself.

What is your problem?

And there I was thinking it was Max who did the squeezing.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

If Verstappen had slowed down to give Perez DRS as Perez asked it would have made Hamilton’s overtake much more difficult. As soon as Perez suggested it I burst out laughing as I knew Max didn’t have the race craft to see it was a good suggestion. If Perez could have kept Lewis behind him with DRS it would have given Max a decent chance of winning the race.

Except that if MV had done that it would have put him within 2.5 seconds of LH and vulnerable to the “undercut”.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

If Verstappen had slowed down to give Perez DRS as Perez asked it would have made Hamilton’s overtake much more difficult. As soon as Perez suggested it I burst out laughing as I knew Max didn’t have the race craft to see it was a good suggestion. If Perez could have kept Lewis behind him it would have given Max a decent chance of winning the race.

Speaking of lack of race craft; just listening to the BBC commentary team (Jolyon I think), and he noted that on the three occasions Lewis got right behind Max on the first straight (1. The run-off, 2. The insane illegal weave 3. The overtake), Max had gone ultra defensive on the 1st corner allowing Lewis to take a wider line and really close up for the subsequent S-corner and straight. Joylon said that Lewis was never going to make a lunge into the first corner but that Max had fallen for it 3 times. Brilliant from the GOAT.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I don't watch F1, but stuck it on about half ago because of this thread. What did Verstappen do that was so wrong? Surely he doesn't want LH to get infront of him, so stand your ground kind of thing... What am I missing?

Great overtake afterwards tho

There are lines at the edge of the road

Every race director and clerk of the course on the planet says the same thing . . . . The black bit is yours . . . The green bit is mine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here