Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] F1 2021

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
All set-up for the last 10 laps. Can Hamilton keep the gap at 4 seconds or will Verstappen reel him in??

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
WTF [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION], the guy in the fastest car couldn’t get past that donkey Hamilton :lolol:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Tense last few laps there but absolutely excellent driving from Hamilton.

D

Deleted member 2719

WTF [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION], the guy in the fastest car couldn’t get past that donkey Hamilton :lolol:

Come on Icy, let get this in perspective.

1) You can not say the red bull is the fastest car after one race,
2) Its probably the first race for 5 years where a car been fast enough to compete with merc
3) Merc we're cheating running wide for several laps before Red Bull decided to follow suit.

A long way to go yet matey, let's see if Red Bull can keep the pace and make Hamilton earn his salt.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Come on Icy, let get this in perspective.

1) You can not say the red bull is the fastest car after one race,
2) Its probably the first race for 5 years where a car been fast enough to compete with merc
3) Merc we're cheating running wide for several laps before Red Bull decided to follow suit.

A long way to go yet matey, let's see if Red Bull can keep the pace and make Hamilton earn his salt.

It is going to be a great season, but give Hamilton credit in race one in bettering Max, Red Bull was 100% the faster car, and today Max didn’t have what it takes to beat the GOAT

Is that enough perspective? Suck it up, the next race may be your opportunity to gloat :smile:

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Looking forward to the tedious old arguments about Hamilton this year. He’ll get to 100 wins I hope. Which of course any old sod could do with the right car. He’s just been lucky for a decade right?

Fantastic drive today, as you would expect!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
22 more races like that one please.

What with this and the cricket I haven't felt this drained after an afternoon watching sport (which doesn't involve the Albion) for ages, probably not since Headingley 2019.

D

Deleted member 2719

It is going to be a great season, but give Hamilton credit in race one in bettering Max, Red Bull was 100% the faster car, and today Max didn’t have what it takes to beat the GOAT

Is that enough perspective? Suck it up, the next race may be your opportunity to gloat :smile:

I can't believe you lot, Hamilton actually gets some competition and he just edges it , and you are going wild as if the Bay City Rollers have just come into your sitting room.

:lolol:

Marvellous scenes.

Are you happy to say Max more than edged it in a lot slower car just a few months ago, by 18 secs?

I didn't hear much about that???

Its' a long season and 'the stroppy one' will have to focus on the track and not his bling if he wants to keep his title.

I wonder if he will try suing Neil and Christine for bringing a slur on his name???

Attachments

• F1.PNG
    F1.PNG
    31.2 KB · Views: 106

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I can't believe you lot, Hamilton actually gets some competition and he just edges it , and you are going wild as if the Bay City Rollers have just come into your sitting room.

:lolol:

Marvellous scenes.

Are you happy to say Max more than edged it in a lot slower car just a few months ago, by 18 secs?

I didn't hear much about that???

Its' a long season and 'the stroppy one' will have to focus on the track and not his bling if he wants to keep his title.

I wonder if he will try suing Neil and Christine for bringing a slur on his name???

Fair enough, I’ll step away from discussing this with you any further. I can’t be arsed to continually argue with someone with an agenda. If you can’t bring yourself to accept that Lewis drove the last few laps brilliantly on tyres 10 laps older than Max’s it’s a waste of time.

If Max had won that race I would have happily given him plaudits, not tried to run him or you down :shrug:

Lewis is the stroppy one? Did you hear Max during and immediately after the race? In fairness, the second interview with him he’d calmed down and sounded more reasonable.

As for the Bay City Rollers, they may have excited you but I was a bit to old (and cool, obviously :wink:) to have any interest at all :lolol:

One last thing before I step away - Hamilton was recovering from Covid in the race you have highlighted. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Yes, imagine, a load of British racing fans revelling in our British driver, winning in a car that on the day, was not the best, understandably we all find it entirely tiresome when people label Lewis as a flat track bully or someone who only wins in the best car, given Lewis is the best driver on the grid for tyre management, wet driving, and race craft.

It’s particularly satisfying seeing him beat Max, who in my opinion is a true generational talent and will go on to be an F1 great.

D

Deleted member 2719

Fair enough, I’ll step away from discussing this with you any further. I can’t be arsed to continually argue with someone with an agenda. If you can’t bring yourself to accept that Lewis drove the last few laps brilliantly on tyres 10 laps older than Max’s it’s a waste of time.

If Max had won that race I would have happily given him plaudits, not tried to run him or you down :shrug:

Lewis is the stroppy one? Did you hear Max during and immediately after the race? In fairness, in the second interview with him he’d calmed down and sounded more reasonable.

As for the Bay City Rollers, they may have excited you but I was a bit to old (and cool, obviously :wink:) to have any interest at all :lolol:

One last thing before I step away - Hamilton was recovering from Covid in the race you have highlighted. :rolleyes:

Please don't buy into the agenda, regarding his colour which has feck all to do with it, I see the personality and nothing else.

Why can I not criticise Hamilton??? We do it to Zaha, we know he is a good player, but he cheats the same thing really.

Yes, Hamilton hangs on in there, but you forget the cheating laps he and Bottas did.

I, just like most F1 fans want to see races where the cars are close enough in pace that we don't have procession as we have for the past few seasons.

Let just agree on that surely???

This could be that season, that reignites fans:rock:

I liked the fact there was a widening in Hamilton's eyes at the interview rather than looking like he had been on a Sunday drive to Ford market.

I hope that is big enough praise for you.:)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I often wonder if sporting greats in other cultures and nationalities are treated the same as in this country.

Say someone like Maradona, clearly a very flawed human being but a genius with the ball and worshiped like a god in Argentina.

I find some mentalities in this country very strange, we choose to highlight character flaws or bad moments instead of seeing the true greatness that’s right in front of our eyes, it’s not just Lewis either, we see it with many sports stars, I remember when Murray won Wimbledon and the Olympics, people choose to remember ‘this guy joked about wanting England to lose’ instead of appreciating the history of a British man winning massive honours.

I’d love to know if it’s the same in other countries, do some Argentinians hate Messi? Do some Jamaicans hate Usain Bolt? I suspect they are probably viewed as gods, and not disliked for living in Monaco or wearing weird clothes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here