Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] F1 2021

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
The Mercedes certainly isn't going to disappear down the road

Red Bull's pace looks genuine

McClaren & Ferrari look like they will be sniffing for podiums

Really hope Norris can beat Riccardo,a big ask,but if he does,he's the real deal

Poor old Alonso the Alpine looks like it will be picking up the crumbs

Another tough season for Russell by the looks

Can't wait,I actually used to prefer going to F1 races than the football,but don't go to either much these days,hoping to pop down to Barcelona in May

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Glad it's back. Will be rooting for Hammy and ignoring the haters.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Reckon I'll watch it if it happens to be on but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it. Seen it live a couple of times and it's very impressive, Moto GP or Superbikes though,now that's racing..

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Very excited, there were plenty of drivers working their way up the grid during last season. Max Verstapen will be a world champion sooner or later and a big rule change season is as good as any

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Maybe it is romanticism/mis-remembering but up to the late 90s I recall drivers improved their race position on the corners and straights, from the early 00s they did it in the pit lane. That was when I fell out of love.

Its best when you improve in the corners, preferably sideways!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Lockdown and my son have helped to rekindle my interest in F1. He got into it by himself and got the F1 2020 video game. I've been gaming for the last year to break the boredom of successive lockdowns and have ended up "racing" him a couple of nights a week. This inevitably led to us watching most of last season, which was far more interesting with different circuits thrown into the mix and a lot of the glitz and glamour removed. Still a Hamilton procession but you have to hand it to the bloke when he's winning by so much on circuits no one has used for donkey's years.

Looking forward to qualifying later - son will no doubt watch the final free practice as well. Bahrain is one of our favourite virtual circuits. I constantly run wide at turn 10. Was nice to see Max take exactly the same line yesterday afternoon on one lap :lolol:

Think we will have the race on the big telly on Sunday and I'll keep an eye on the England game on ITV player. That should get me back in the good books of [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] :wink:

Hopefully the "inverse finishing wind tunnel test time" rule will keep it a lot more competitive this season. A Merc win this weekend looks far from likely.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Looking forward to qualifying later - son will no doubt watch the final free practice as well. Bahrain is one of our favourite virtual circuits. I constantly run wide at turn 10. Was nice to see Max take exactly the same line yesterday afternoon on one lap :lolol:

Yep that turn 10 is a bitch, but considering how many times real F1 drivers get it wrong I'm never surprised when I mess it up too.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Really excited about qualifying. Has the Mercedes been hiding pace or will Verstappen & Perez smash the qualifying. Looking out for Mr Norris too who should get a top six place based on practice.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really excited about qualifying. Has the Mercedes been hiding pace or will Verstappen & Perez smash the qualifying. Looking out for Mr Norris too who should get a top six place based on practice.

I think there has been some sandbagging from the Mercs, not long until we find out

Lockdown and my son have helped to rekindle my interest in F1. He got into it by himself and got the F1 2020 video game. I've been gaming for the last year to break the boredom of successive lockdowns and have ended up "racing" him a couple of nights a week. This inevitably led to us watching most of last season, which was far more interesting with different circuits thrown into the mix and a lot of the glitz and glamour removed. Still a Hamilton procession but you have to hand it to the bloke when he's winning by so much on circuits no one has used for donkey's years.

Think we will have the race on the big telly on Sunday and I'll keep an eye on the England game on ITV player. That should get me back in the good books of [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] :wink:

Hopefully the "inverse finishing wind tunnel test time" rule will keep it a lot more competitive this season. A Merc win this weekend looks far from likely.

Similar situation here. Myself and one of my friendship groups had all been watching the first two seasons of Drive to Survive at roughly the same time, which rekindled a love for the sport that had dissipated for me during the years Sky had got the coverage. Lockdown meant that a lot of our usual Sunday routines went out the window last year and with most of the season pushed into September - December, it meant that many Sundays ended up being one big sporting binge with said friends when we were allowed to mix households, with a Grand Prix in the afternoon followed by NFL Redzone in the evening.

While the Mercedes isn't looking quite as dominant as it has in recent years, it says a lot that Hamilton has been faring much better in it than Bottas, who described it as "undriveable". Pretty obvious he's only there to maintain the status quo until they're ready to bring George in, given how the latter did in the Merc at the second Bahrain race. Really hoping the McLaren's can push for a few race wins given their pace in testing and practice. As a driver pairing and as personalities I have a lot of time for Lando and Dani Ric.

Overall should be a much more tighter battle at the front, whereas last year we were looking at the midfield pack competing for 3rd in the constructors for that battle.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Really hoping the McLaren's can push for a few race wins given their pace in testing and practice. As a driver pairing and as personalities I have a lot of time for Lando and Dani Ric.

Overall should be a much more tighter battle at the front, whereas last year we were looking at the midfield pack competing for 3rd in the constructors for that battle.

Yep. I wholeheartedly admire Sir Lewis and recognise him as the GOAT but will mainly be supporting Lando in the Maclaren and keeping a very close eye on Russell.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think there has been some sandbagging from the Mercs, not long until we find out

Red Bull may have been sandbagging too?

Perhaps we’ll have to wait until the final session to see the gloves off from both teams. Hope McLaren are in the mix.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Seeing MSC on the timing sheets really does bring a lump to the throat, really hope he does well, can only imagine his dad if he’s in any kind of conscious state, being absolutely beaming at seeing his son on the F1 grid.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Tsunoda - the first driver born in this century, looks like a proper balls to the wall nutter of a driver.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here