Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] F1 2021

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
47895671-9988637-image-m-92_1631605053342.jpg

Are we SURE Hamilton is over that bump on the head ? I think he may need checking again.

I agree, that shirt is shocking.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
tweet.JPG

Just as predicted on here......

Meanwhile Qualy time may be moved, even to Sunday morning due to tomorrow's forecast being as bad as Belgium's Sunday.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Might as well run it in the rain TBH, might make it a bit more interesting than the procession around the Winter Olympics car park usually is

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Might as well run it in the rain TBH, might make it a bit more interesting than the procession around the Winter Olympics car park usually is

Agreed. Quali in the wet and Max trying to slice through the pack on race day might make it a lot less dull

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Given Max is starting from the back, barring a miracle drive from him and a nightmare quali or race for Lewis we’ll have to wait on this. It seems the stakes have been upped and it sounds like a recipe for excitement and probably a car crash (pun intended) in future races.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/58677987

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Great qualifying session with that tricky switch from wet to dry at the end. Really pleased with that front 3, should actually make the race more interesting than the usual snooze fest that Sochi produces.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So pleased for Lando, he’s been banging on the door all season and was unlucky to miss out on a win last time out

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Great qualifying session with that tricky switch from wet to dry at the end. Really pleased with that front 3, should actually make the race more interesting than the usual snooze fest that Sochi produces.

Absolutely this. Actually looking forward to the race now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Brilliant qualifying effort by Russell. Lewis contrived to crash by himself this time for a change - bit of karma after saying Max was under pressure?

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
So pleased for Lando, he’s been banging on the door all season and was unlucky to miss out on a win last time out

My brain is of a certain age where whenever I see that written down it immediately thinks Calrissian.
It genuinely then takes me a short while to figure out what his real surname is.
I don't watch a lot of F1 and my mind obviously isn't what it used to be.

Is it known if that's why he's Lando? Was that name around before Star Wars?

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
My brain is of a certain age where whenever I see that written down it immediately thinks Calrissian.
It genuinely then takes me a short while to figure out what his real surname is.

My brain should be somewhere near it's peak (worrying in itself) and I still do that.

I blame the parents. Not sure whether his or mine though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Is it known if that's why he's Lando? Was that name around before Star Wars?

Apparently his mum just liked it!

https://www.formula1.com/en/drivers/lando-norris.html#:~:text=Biography,galaxy of stars in 2019.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Brilliant qualifying effort by Russell. Lewis contrived to crash by himself this time for a change - bit of karma after saying Max was under pressure?

Lewis managing to put himself under pressure there with a schoolboy error in F1 terms when he was under no pressure at all.

Delighted for Lando who sounded like a 12 year old that had just won something he wasn’t expecting :lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

Lewis managing to put himself under pressure there with a schoolboy error in F1 terms when he was under no pressure at all.

Delighted for Lando who sounded like a 12 year old that had just won something he wasn’t expecting :lolol:

Hamilton weakness has always been his head when he is under pressure.

Love lando, a great driver with his feet on the ground he is such a breath of fresh air. :love:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hamilton weakness has always been his head when he is under pressure.

Love lando, a great driver with his feet on the ground he is such a breath of fresh air. :love:

Yeah,7 times Champion, absolute shite :rolleyes:

All drivers make mistakes sometimes, some of the best have died because they made a mistake.

Please stop your agenda, it’s so dull. I am delighted for Lando. Let’s see what happens tomorrow

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Great lap! Well done Lando. George pulled it out the bag as well.

ab53b625ffc422f1745b8c45726114d1.jpg

D

Deleted member 2719

Yeah,7 times Champion, absolute shite :rolleyes:

All drivers make mistakes sometimes, some of the best have died because they made a mistake.

Please stop your agenda, it’s so dull. I am delighted for Lando. Let’s see what happens tomorrow

So I can not have an opinion then? You're all so pro lewis, I can like who I want to and you can like who you want to. Some need to grow up on here IMO.

Hamilton has to be favorite for tomorrow if he keeps his head. It should be and enjoyable one.

I will enjoy watching it and I hope all you guys do to.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So I can not have an opinion then? You're all so pro lewis, I can like who I want to and you can like who you want to. Some need to grow up on here IMO.

Hamilton has to be favorite for tomorrow if he keeps his head. It should be and enjoyable one.

I will enjoy watching it and I hope all you guys do to.

No problem with you not being a Lewis fan but you don’t win 7 Championships if you can’t take pressure, that’s a silly statement :shrug:

FWIW I think Lewis is probably past his best and is being outdriven on occasion by the young guns so has possibly been pushing too hard when things get close like yesterday, hence the mistakes he has been making. They all make mistakes though, pole sitter Norris made one in quali himself not so long ago. Lewis is starting in an interesting place and this season, mostly, belies those that suggest F1 is a procession. Best season so far for years imo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here