NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Clearly mad as a box of frogs.

That said, I suspect he's arguing against the Police bill and the ridiculous power it gives police over protests ..... it's just rather a strange way to voice his opposition.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Maybe he has Mad Cow Disease?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
He's long suffer from OCD and has serious issues with depression and clearly has really struggled with lockdown. Clearly doesn't seem to be in a great place right now

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I don't get what you don't get.

What he is saying is that the latest Police powers are a step too far, and if people choose to protest in an innocuous fashion, that could easily be argued as completely innocent, it will highlight and make a mockery of a stupid bill, badly drafted and over-stepping the bounds of trust.

Perhaps because I have watched Mark Thomas' Serious Organised Criminal more than once I do follow exactly what he is trying to say. When the 2005 Serious and Organised Crime Act came into force (which effectively 'controlled' protests much as this bill does, albeit only in parts of central London) Mark went as far as to get himself into the Guinness Book of Records for having the most protests in one day (20 protests in 20 different locations on 20 different issues... requiring 20 sets of permissions from the Police and a mountain of paperwork) to showcase how stupid the legislation was.

If you are struggling to get why this legislation is so abhorrently wrong, find a 2nd hand DVD or watch an online stream of Mark Thomas' story. It is very funny but also demonstrates very clearly, why Police should not be given (and generally, do not want) over-reaching powers that pit them against law-abiding protesters with a legitimate disagreement with whatever the government of the day is doing.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Top man.

Brave libertarian standing alone against Government tyranny.

Sir, I stand with you, with my full fat pint :bowdown:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1375366914755547137[/TWEET]

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've only semi-skimmed the comments here, but his actions appear udderly ridiculous :moo:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
What he is saying is that the latest Police powers are a step too far, and if people choose to protest in an innocuous fashion, that could easily be argued as completely innocent, it will highlight and make a mockery of a stupid bill, badly drafted and over-stepping the bounds of trust.

Where does the milk come into it?

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Great speech ,this man can see what's going on.and it gives me a glimmer of hope that there is some in parliament that will still fight for our freedoms and our rights to peaceful protest against increasingly Draconian and authoritarian policies from this government.
Top bloke in my opinion.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Where does the milk come into it?

Because he has just put out, clearly virally on social media because we are talking about it, that walking around with a pint of milk is a way of saying you are protesting something, but the Police cannot use this particular bill to do anything about it because anything they try would be laughed out of court because "it's just a pint of milk".

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
I don't get what you don't get.

Perhaps because I have watched Mark Thomas' Serious Organised Criminal more than once I do follow exactly what he is trying to say. When the 2005 Serious and Organised Crime Act came into force (which effectively 'controlled' protests much as this bill does, albeit only in parts of central London) Mark went as far as to get himself into the Guinness Book of Records for having the most protests in one day (20 protests in 20 different locations on 20 different issues... requiring 20 sets of permissions from the Police and a mountain of paperwork) to showcase how stupid the legislation was.

If you are struggling to get why this legislation is so abhorrently wrong, find a 2nd hand DVD or watch an online stream of Mark Thomas' story. It is very funny but also demonstrates very clearly, why Police should not be given (and generally, do not want) over-reaching powers that pit them against law-abiding protesters with a legitimate disagreement with whatever the government of the day is doing.

Part of me thinks he's gone too far with his analogy making it non-sensical. But then if he hadn't, I wouldn't have seen it, so I guess he's right to have done what he did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here