Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Passport to the pub.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He said it will be down to the landlords right? If that’s they case it won’t happen [emoji106]

Major pub chains got up to speed earlydoors. Do that QR thing on the door else write your (or any fake/'comedy' name) in a book also on the door. Can't see much changing other than the QR code thing gets swapped out in favour of the Covid passport thing

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
He said it will be down to the landlords right? If that’s they case it won’t happen [emoji106]

And nor should it. My medical condition / history is none of the landlords business - it's between me and my GP.

D

Deleted member 2719

I was thinking perhaps we could have a sheep dip outside full of dettol that you swim through first before being allowed in.

No faffing with passports.

I would also have a ladies-only policy, and I would be ready with towels to help out.........whos first then?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
sooner not go to the pub than subscribe to this kind of nonsense. be as successful as the national id cards and track and trace i expect.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The article I saw suggested there would be 2 types of pub. 1 without checks but would be subject to the rule of 6 and table service and those with checks that would be like a pre COVID boozer without masks but with the ability to chat to the pub bore. That's fair enough isn't it? Drinkers and Landlords have a choice.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
sooner not go to the pub than subscribe to this kind of nonsense. be as successful as the national id cards and track and trace i expect.

Looks like it’ll piggyback on the existing NHS app which has 1m+ android downloads already.

I think it’ll be a great thing for indoors gigs & nightclubs where folk get very very close together. I can see this happening.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A passport to 'Pass Port'.

:whisky:

May 5, 2020
Sussex
It shouldn't happen at all.
The public should be fighting against this happening.
All these are is an attempt to bring in electronic ID cards and tech driven mass state surveillance.
It is also way of forcing people to take a vaccine who don't want to take it but it will also exclude those from society who can't take the vaccine creating a two tier society.
Take the vaccine by all means but don't be fooled into thinking these passports are a passport to freedom and normality because they will eventually turn into something completely the opposite.
I am 100 percent against the idea.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It shouldn't happen at all.
The public should be fighting against this happening.
All these are is an attempt to bring in electronic ID cards...........

Don't kid yourself. ID cards are already here by stealth. The list of things you can't do in this country unless you have a passport or driving licence (and millions of people, for various reasons, don't) is growing all the time.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A passport to 'Pass Port'.

:whisky:
I can almost hear Alan Partridge saying that.

"On this morning's phone-in, we ask: "Covid checks at pubs - A passport to 'pass port' or a poor sport's idea that's 'piss poor'. You decide".

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So the younger people who have yet to receive a vaccine because of a Government decision will end up being actively discriminated against?

Hilltop

Banned
Mar 20, 2021
Incredible coincidence that these health passports were getting talked about way before Covid19 turned up.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So the younger people who have yet to receive a vaccine because of a Government decision will end up being actively discriminated against?

It serves them right for voting 'Remain', obviously.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'm glad I don't work as a barman anymore. Not as glad as the customers, but glad nonetheless.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen

Yeah, potential scenario of lots of staff not being vaccinated due to their age, so it's unlikely to work/be enforced.

The landlord in my local, an eminently sensible and cautious bloke, says he won't be asking for proof- though admittedly it is an old man's boozer where everyone knows each other anyway

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here