Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Detectives, fighting organised crime.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
On Tuesday night on BBC2

True crime doc. from Manchester. Some seriously scary people in it. Even the coppers are scared of them.

Well worth a watch, definitely recommended.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Just watched this with the wife......... Spoiler alert,

How the feck did the non scariest gang member end up doing the most time?

Cos the very scary ones scared the Judge.

Did you think that some corruption was hinted at, with the older criminals record being nearly all ‘ no further action’

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Cos the very scary ones scared the Judge.

Did you think that some corruption was hinted at, with the older criminals record being nearly all ‘ no further action’

Absolutely. He got his comeuppance there though and no doubt will return to his ways once he is released.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Oh watched that last night....orrible lot of people ...that guy who kept on threatening the detective ..took his top off to show what a hard lad he was and then wanted to ring his Mum :moo:
Seriously though a thoroughly unpleasant lot ...those victim photographs told a lot

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Just watched this with the wife......... Spoiler alert,

How the feck did the non scariest gang member end up doing the most time?

Wasn't it because his DNA was everywhere in both kidnaps, including on the gun? So he could have the most stuff pinned on him (Edna K will no doubt enlighten us if that's not right). The guy whose DNA was only on the hat got off, because you can't do much damage with a hat (apart from the one in Goldfinger, of course)..

It was very interesting. With the amount of CCTV and DNA matching, they can get some of these horrible villains bang to rights, which is encouraging.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Wasn't it because his DNA was everywhere in both kidnaps, including on the gun? So he could have the most stuff pinned on him (Edna K will no doubt enlighten us if that's not right). The guy whose DNA was only on the hat got off, because you can't do much damage with a hat (apart from the one in Goldfinger, of course)..

It was very interesting. With the amount of CCTV and DNA matching, they can get some of these horrible villains bang to rights, which is encouraging.

You're quite correct. Having gone back over the program in my mind, he did indeed have more evidence against him than the others. Before the verdicts were announced I seem to recall the detective also saying that it's the inexperienced members of the gangs that get longer sentences because they make the most mistakes. Makes sense now as she was letting us know why he got the longest jail term.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Absolute scumbags, I tell you what I have more respect for the police after the past year than I've ever had before

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Absolutely disgusting. Find that torture shit really, really upsetting. These guys think because they are stronger / harder than you (cos they have time to go to the gym every day as they don’t work is one of the reasons) and are just nutters who don’t care when in a group and will smash a hammer on a bloke who’s tied ups feet) they it means power. No it doesn’t lads. It just means you’re thick as shit and absolute bullies. Absolute scum.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Absolutely disgusting. Find that torture shit really, really upsetting. These guys think because they are stronger / harder than you (cos they have time to go to the gym every day as they don’t work is one of the reasons) and are just nutters who don’t care when in a group and will smash a hammer on a bloke who’s tied ups feet) they it means power. No it doesn’t lads. It just means you’re thick as shit and absolute bullies. Absolute scum.

Whilst I totally agree let’s not forget the two victims were both elevated members of other drug dealing gangs, these weren’t random attacks on the public.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don’t know about you but I’d have insisted that the hard man built like a brick shithouse was handcuffed before I’d sit in a room with him and interview him. I thought his lawyer was a piece of shit too

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Whilst I totally agree let’s not forget the two victims were both elevated members of other drug dealing gangs, these weren’t random attacks on the public.

I never thought I would ever feel sorry for a drug dealer.

Hopefully the programme may have worked as a deterrent to any wannabes.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I would like to think that little smirk they shared did nothing for her long term professional future.

Why? She's a solicitor who represents drug gangs, I'm not sure their lawyer selection process includes a smirk detector.

It was eye opening yet not surprising how the further up the gang food chain you go, the lesser the punishment can be as their hands are much cleaner, so to speak.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
scum breed scum ( occasional exceptions )

Noticed the phone call with the todler descibing the gun " a revolver , a six shooter" . Guaranteed that kid will go down a similar path.

That Paris ( shit name ) Bostock probably only ever seen violence in his life.

Scum breed Scum

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here