Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2 x 1901 Private Seat Licenses for sale - Area W2D / iTalk Lounge

VICENTE

Aug 31, 2011
Brighton
I trust this is allowed in this section, correct me if otherwise.

Offers are invited for 2 x Private Seat Licenses in 1901: Seats just left of half way line.

2 x Area W2D - Row C - Seat 131 and Seat 132

Membership: 2 x Platinum
Lounge: 2 x iTalk
License 2 x Lifetime

Purchasing the License gives you automatic refusal to renew the seats for the next 5 years..

New owners would renew season tickets for the upcoming 2021/22 - 2025/26 period.
Screenshot 2021-03-24 at 13.25.25.png

Last edited:

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Hi there

Can you give me an idea of the overall cost of obtaining a seat like this.

It might be a case of ‘if you have to ask the price, you can’t afford it’ but please humour me if you will.

Stephen

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Hi there

Can you give me an idea of the overall cost of obtaining a seat like this.

It might be a case of ‘if you have to ask the price, you can’t afford it’ but please humour me if you will.

Stephen

The initial cost of a lifetime (actually 50 years, and we’re 10 years in, if they were bought when 1901 first opened) license was £1k + VAT. Owners of the license can sell them for whatever sum they can get for them. Some have tried to make a profit; I am not aware of any that have succeeded. I do know of some transfers that have proceeded for the original sum, and some where the sum has been pro rata to the balance of the term. More and more frequently though, the owner simply wishes to not continue paying the monthly subs and there is no transfer fee.

Owners commit themselves to 5 seasons at a time, and we are currently in the period where a decision has to be made about whether to sign up for the next 5 years. The choices are: sign up, surrender the license back to the club (for no return), or transfer the license to someone else for whatever sum the two parties agree.

There are often licenses available mid-term from an owner. In that case, the motivation to give the license away for free is higher than it is now as if they do not succeed they remain committed to pay the monthly sub to the club for the rest of the 5-year term. In the next few weeks the owner has the option to not renew; this will get them out of paying the monthly subs but the surrender to the club will not recoup any of the original license cost.

The monthly subs for a platinum seat for the upcoming 5-year term are £123/month in year 1, rising to £139/month in year 5 (both plus VAT), irrespective of what division we are in.

For this, you get a seat close to the half way line for all league and domestic cup games, access to a lounge, free parking (if you have two or more seats), and a free programme. Oh, and a lanyard which you are required to wear, meaning that you’ll have to drill a hole in your smart phone to enable you to show your e-ticket at all times.

I suspect that the club may come up with a better solution than drilling a hole in your phone in this new era of cardless tickets...

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The initial cost of a lifetime (actually 50 years, and we’re 10 years in, if they were bought when 1901 first opened) license was £1k + VAT. Owners of the license can sell them for whatever sum they can get for them. Some have tried to make a profit; I am not aware of any that have succeeded. I do know of some transfers that have proceeded for the original sum, and some where the sum has been pro rata to the balance of the term. More and more frequently though, the owner simply wishes to not continue paying the monthly subs and there is no transfer fee.

Owners commit themselves to 5 seasons at a time, and we are currently in the period where a decision has to be made about whether to sign up for the next 5 years. The choices are: sign up, surrender the license back to the club (for no return), or transfer the license to someone else for whatever sum the two parties agree.

There are often licenses available mid-term from an owner. In that case, the motivation to give the license away for free is higher than it is now as if they do not succeed they remain committed to pay the monthly sub to the club for the rest of the 5-year term. In the next few weeks the owner has the option to not renew; this will get them out of paying the monthly subs but the surrender to the club will not recoup any of the original license cost.

The monthly subs for a platinum seat for the upcoming 5-year term are £123/month in year 1, rising to £139/month in year 5 (both plus VAT), irrespective of what division we are in.

For this, you get a seat close to the half way line for all league and domestic cup games, access to a lounge, free parking (if you have two or more seats), and a free programme.

Out of interest, if you obtain a new license from the club say today, does the 50 year clock start ticking now?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Out of interest, if you obtain a new license from the club say today, does the 50 year clock start ticking now?

I’m 99% sure the answer is yes.

I went for a 5-year term for Mum’s seat (for obvious reasons), so have no personal knowledge, but recall conversations with other newer members who did buy a new 50-year license and they said that their license was 50 years from date of purchase. A quick call to Jack is your solution, I think.

I should have added in my previous post that there is no access to a coat rail in the lounge.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
£139/month + VAT is over £105 per league game. Wow.

But you do get a free match day magazine.

It’s only that much if you assume there are no home cup games that season...and it’s 5 years into the future...but, yes, it’s still expensive.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I suspect that the club may come up with a better solution than drilling a hole in your phone in this new era of cardless tickets...

That could disappoint more than a few 1901'ers who I suspect don their lanyard immediately after dressing on matchdays.

Hopefully the club will replace with a medium/large sized lapel badge

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
That could disappoint more than a few 1901'ers who I suspect don their lanyard immediately after dressing on matchdays.

:smile:

Other than the cost, which makes me wince every 5 years as I look at the total sum I’m committing too, the requirement to wear a lanyard in the club is the thing that grinds my gears more than anything else*. I bloody hate it.

*Mind you, my mother politely clapping the opposition (Boro?) scoring against us on her first trip to the AMEX pissed me off too. “Well, we clap a good shot at bowls” was her justification. “Do it again and I’ll never bring you again” was my reply. Thankfully, she hasn’t.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

After dressing?

It’s lanyard first for me.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I must admit it does tickle my fancy for a season or 2 but then I’d have to pay for my son too.

I think I need to wait until he moves out!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Most wear a coat, hiding the lanyard, when they arrive at games, so the who is going to be impressed by someone wearing a lanyard when every bugger in the lounge has one?

I would bloody hate a lapel badge, easy to lose too if not attached properly.

Although I do wear my lanyard, every day, when I take the dog out for a walk in the summer, shorts, t shirt and a 1901 lanyard, how cool is that? :wink:

You have the ideal weather, you lucky *******, you could wear it 24/7 in Tenerife

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I must admit it does tickle my fancy for a season or 2 but then I’d have to pay for my son too.

I think I need to wait until he moves out!

The only way you'd get one for only a season or two would be to pick one up from an individual seller at the end of season 3 or 4 of a 5-year term. Picking one up from the club direct (if available, and I suspect they will be this season) would tie you in for 5 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here