Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Which name has the best guitarists?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's a question that popped into my head earlier today when I was listening to the stone roses.

John Squire is some guitarist I thought. So is Johnny Marr. And John Frusciante. And Jonny Greenwood. Four great guitarists all called John or a derivative thereof.

Is there another name that has better guitarists attached to it? Jimi Hendrix and Jimmy Page. but that's only two.

If anyone can answer this tricky question, NSC can. So come on NSC, is there another name with more great guitarists?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's a question that popped into my head earlier today when I was listening to the stone roses.

John Squire is some guitarist I thought. So is Johnny Marr. And John Frusciante. And Jonny Greenwood. Four great guitarists all called John or a derivative thereof.

Is there another name that has better guitarists attached to it? Jimi Hendrix and Jimmy Page. but that's only two.

If anyone can answer this tricky question, NSC can. So come on NSC, is there another name with more great guitarists?

To add to your Johns

Johnny Winter
John McLaughlin
John Wilkinson (Wilko Johnson)
John Martyn
Johnny Ramone
John Williams (the classical one)

Now i'm struggling

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Or the exact 'opposite' of this thread Yngwie who insists you also use his middle initial J to avoid confusion with all the other Yngwie Malmsteen's out there! :)

6012483.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Or the exact 'opposite' of this thread Yngwie who insists you also use his middle initial J to avoid confusion with all the other Yngwie Malmsteen's out there! :)

View attachment 135202

Although he did once get confused with Bruce Springsteen!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Johnny Turnbull
John Lee Hooker
John Lennon
John Entwhistle

John Oates (Hall & Oates)
John Scofield (Old jazzer)
John Mayer

But if we are cheating and including people who only have to contend with 4 strings :wink:

John McVie
John Paul Jones
John Cale

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
P.Paul.Fenech... (The Meteors pic below)
Paul Burlinson... (from the Johnny Burnette Trio, apparently his style inspired Paul Mccartney but hes full of shit)

Attachments

• gettyimages-97768584-1024x1024.jpg
    gettyimages-97768584-1024x1024.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here