Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thurs 2pm - Eng U21 v Switz U21- ZEQIRI Live on Sky Sports

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Here's one to set a reminder for:

On Thursday(25th) at 2pm, live on SkySports Main Event is Andy Zeqiri's Swiss U21's playing England U21's in the UEFA Championships.
It's being played in Slovenia.

Whoever is selected up front for England will likely be supported by the attacking threat of Callum Hudson-Odoi and Todd Cantwell, who is standing in for the injured Mason Greenwood.

Everton's Tom Davies could feature in midfield alongside Curtis Jones, who has broken into the Liverpool first team this season with some impressive performances in the Premier League.

Goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale has been somewhat of a shining light in a dismal Sheffield United campaign, with the stopper putting in some solid displays recently, and he will be chosen in the England Under-21s goal.

Andi Zeqiri fired Switzerland Under-21s through the qualifying round with nine goals in 10 games, and he could be the key man for them in the European Championship this year.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Don't forget our Andi Zeqiri should be making an appearance on Sky Sports at 2pm this afternoon.
It will be interesting to see what he can produce over 90 minutes.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
England team -

Ramsdale
Aarons Godfrey Guehi Kelly
Davies Skipp
Hudson-Odoi Smith-Rowe McNeil
Nketiah

Andi has his work cut out, that's a quality team.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Come on England! 4-3 pls with Zeq hat trick for them.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
England team -

Ramsdale
Aarons Godfrey Guehi Kelly
Davies Skipp
Hudson-Odoi Smith-Rowe McNeil
Nketiah

Andi has his work cut out, that's a quality team.

Would have liked to see Jones in ahead of Davies (very much a vanilla player I cannot get excited about).

I fear with Boothroyd still at the helm we'll struggle to get out of the group again. If we do well it'll be despite him, not because of him.

I'd love to get a look at Madueke. I checked his stats this season and the only top division players I could find with better minutes per goal/assist were Lewandowski and Luis Muriel. Even taking into account the league he's playing in that's phenomenal for a 19 year old who typically only gets around 20-30 minutes per appearance. He's really been under the radar.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'd love to get a look at Madueke. I checked his stats this season and the only top division players I could find with better minutes per goal/assist were Lewandowski and Luis Muriel. Even taking into account the league he's playing in that's phenomenal for a 19 year old who typically only gets around 20-30 minutes per appearance. He's really been under the radar.

If you haven’t heard of Noni Madueke, no problem.
The hype machine has not quite clicked fully into gear yet. Unless you keep up with Dutch football or religiously track the progress of former Tottenham Hotspur youth prospects, there is a good chance he wasn’t on your radar before he was named in the England Under-21 squad last week. But fear not: this is the perfect moment to catch up.
Madueke just turned 19. He is enjoying a breakout season with PSV Eindhoven. He is at a lovely stage of his career: no pressure, no burden of expectation, just pure, uncut discovery. And a small but insistent gaggle of admirers queuing up to list his attributes for those late to the party.
They reference his technique, his decision making, his dynamism; the power and precision of his left foot; the knack for bursting past defenders and the strength to hold them off. Combine the rave reviews with his eye-catching numbers — seven goals and four assists from 781 minutes in the Eredivisie — and you get a picture of a major talent. Which is hardly surprising, given that Spurs and Manchester United were keen to tie him down on professional terms when he turned 16.

Link to the full Athletic article which is behind a paywall:

https://theathletic.com/2473938/2021/03/25/maduekes-bravery-in-swapping-spurs-for-psv-has-been-rewarded-with-england-u21-call/

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Not as good as Daniel Nii Tackie Mensah Welbeck , but a good effort .

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Can anyone explain what the format is for this tournament.

Are these games still qualifiers or part of a main tournament?
How many teams are left?
When does it become knock-out, i.e. quarter and semi-finals?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Can anyone explain what the format is for this tournament.

Are these games still qualifiers or part of a main tournament?
How many teams are left?
When does it become knock-out, i.e. quarter and semi-finals?

I was being lazy asking, so I've done a bit of research myself.

There are 4 groups of 4 teams playing this week in Slovenia/Hungary.
The top two from each group advance to the quarter-finals.

The 4 quarter-final games are then played on 31 May.
The 2 semi-finals are to be played on 3 June.
The final is on 6 June.

You're welcome!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The Switzerland number 22 Jankewitz, (the guy with dreadlocks) looks superb.

B0llocks, I've just spotted he already plays for Southampton.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The Switzerland number 22 Jankewitz, (the guy with dreadlocks) looks superb.

B0llocks, I've just spotted he already plays for Southampton.

He was the saints player sent off after 2 mins of the 9-0 defeat against Man Utd (it was also his first Premier League start)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here