Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Court TV. George Floyd

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The case of the police officer accused of the murder of George Floyd has started. Right now they are selecting jurors.
Full case starts next Monday.
Court TV is on Freeview 89, Sky 179 & all over the web and will have full live in court coverage, similar to the OJ case.
Judge already made a note that prosecution has over 14 attorneys plus more behind the scenes whilst the defendant has only one.
Time difference means it will be on afternoons/evenings.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
It's an open and shut case, he'll get off and there will be riots. I just saved everyone ten months.

I am fairly convinced he won't get off. If he's lucky it'll be manslaughter, not murder but the video evidence is very compelling and plenty will testify that his colleagues asked him to get off Floyd's neck several times over several minutes.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Sadly all this will become a media circus. I'm sure advertisers will want to know when the best coverage is on. Such possibilities !

And folk take a keen interest, not for an intrigue at the process of justice but just for the thrill of the drama.

Are they selling tickets ?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
14 prosecutors...?? :mad: that's utter bollox , 14...!!??

i'll go for some b/s ruling like manslaughter by misadventure/temporary insanity.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The court process fascinates me. Sounds like ideal WFH fayre.

Thanks for the heads up.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The court process fascinates me. Sounds like ideal WFH fayre.

Thanks for the heads up.

....cue [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] gaffer-taping his wrist watch to the base of his mouse and putting the phone on call forward

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
....cue [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] gaffer-taping his wrist watch to the base of his mouse and putting the phone on call forward

:lolol:

No need. I bought one of those USB mouse-jigglers, works a TREAT.

Not that I need it now we've got the cuffing auditors in. But it'll come into its own during the upcoming summer lockdown.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Dude will get all kinds of locked up. Main reason: because he killed the guy. However shit like that happens all the time without consequence, difference this time around is that it would politically impossible to do anything but put him behind bars.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Dude will get all kinds of locked up. Main reason: because he killed the guy. However shit like that happens all the time without consequence, difference this time around is that it would politically impossible to do anything but put him behind bars.

After George Zimmerman got away with the murder of Trayvon Martin I gave up on justice in America. Once the media get involved it becomes a circus with a crazy outcome.

Same re: guns and Sandy Hook. The US will never ban them.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Unfortunately in the states , if you have sufficient means to hire a top attorney, it greatly increases your chances of not being found guilty . Sounds ludicrous to say that , but sadly in my country it’s true . Not always but certainly a lot of the time . OJ anyone ..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here