Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Passport Photo Rejections...101 reasons:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
From the subtle...

1. We have detected a hint of playfulness in your expression.

To the plain rude...

2. We don't like the cut of your jib, Sonny Jim!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I wonder how much the contract is worth to run those photo booths ???

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not worth as much now given you can use your mobile for passport photos now

And get a never ending list of reasons as to why your photo isn't acceptable.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Passports? passports.....no, no idea sorry.

what are these things?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
:tantrum:I got a red passport in late 2019. I want a blue passport :tantrum:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
:tantrum:I got a red passport in late 2019. I want a blue passport :tantrum:

I'm going to make you jealous when I tell you I might have TWO blue passports by the end of the year. I need to renew my UK passport and I'm waiting for my Canadian citizenship application to be processed.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What exactly is their problem with smiling I wonder?

Strange when, from children, we've been conditioned to say 'cheese' every time a camara is pointed in our direction.

I get why no hat, false beard or glasses, but what's with the smiling issue?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
When I got my passport it rejected my photo. I sent an annoyed response saying my face always looks slightly lop-sided.

They didn't question it and approved. I wondered after if they may have thought that I'd had a stroke or something.

I've got a blue one. Worth all the BREXIT hassle, I'm sure.

I never go abroad. The reason I got it was that I'm tired of being asked for it as proof.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
When I got my passport it rejected my photo. I sent an annoyed response saying my face always looks slightly lop-sided.

They didn't question it and approved. I wondered after if they may have thought that I'd had a stroke or something.

I've got a blue one. Worth all the BREXIT hassle, I'm sure.

I never go abroad. The reason I got it was that I'm tired of being asked for it as proof.

It is fast becoming a mandatory form of id for things like employment.

The costs are large too. By the time you've paid for one, there isn't much money left to go abroad for some us, even if you wanted to.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm waiting for my photo driving license to turn up, I'm sure that will be as pathetically painful as anything. last passport was fine, has some years to run. they'll probably be banned by then.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I'm going to make you jealous when I tell you I might have TWO blue passports by the end of the year. I need to renew my UK passport and I'm waiting for my Canadian citizenship application to be processed.

I have 3 passports; 2 UK ones, so that I can still travel when one is away to get a visa inserted, and an Irish one so that I can continue to be an EU citizen.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I'm waiting for my photo driving license to turn up, I'm sure that will be as pathetically painful as anything. last passport was fine, has some years to run. they'll probably be banned by then.

Maybe not. When I renewed my driving license 3 years ago they told me there was no need to send a photo because they had online access online to my passport photo and would use that.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
It is fast becoming a mandatory form of id for things like employment.

The costs are large too. By the time you've paid for one, there isn't much money left to go abroad for some us, even if you wanted to.

£75.50 for 10 years.

If that amount is a serious impingement of your holiday plans, you couldn't really afford to go abroad in the first place.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Maybe not. When I renewed my driving license 3 years ago they told me there was no need to send a photo because they had online access online to my passport photo and would use that.

I tried and it failed 3 times over a 2 month period to do it online, in the end I filled in a form (3rd post office lucky) and posted it, with a cheque! and added my passport number.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
£75.50 for 10 years.

If that amount is a serious impingement of your holiday plans, you couldn't really afford to go abroad in the first place.

It was said tongue in cheek, but still, if family members all need renewing at around the same time, the cost isn't insignificant, to some.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've done all the most recent family passport photos on my phone. Simple enough and all approved first time. Decent process and a lot less hassle than sitting in a box hoping you hadn't been caught blinking(or gurning)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here