Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Salford sack another manager

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Bit ruthless these class of 92 owners. Richie Welles’s only been there since Nov 2020. Lost count of the managers they have sacked. Looks like they won’t be happy until they are in the premier league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Bit ruthless these class of 92 owners. Richie Welles’s only been there since Nov 2020. Lost count of the managers they have sacked. Looks like they won’t be happy until they are in the premier league.

They've sacked a pair of joint managers, and one other manager prior to this, over 6 years. I imagine other clubs have a worse record of sacking managers. Massive have sacked 5 managers in the same timeframe for comparison.

Last edited:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Especially odd given they are only just outside the playoffs, and won the EFL Trophy at the weekend

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
They've sacked a pair of joint managers, and one other manager prior to this, over 6 years. I imagine other clubs have a worse record of sacking managers. Massive have sacked 5 managers in the same timeframe for comparison.

My mistake thought they had sacked more than that

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
Gary Neville:

[tweet]955036858702073856[/tweet]

Also Gary Neville:

g nev.PNG

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Gary Bowyer set to be appointed at Salford. He will be their 3rd Manager this season.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Am I the only one struggling to see what's so brutal about this statement? My wife's said far more brutal things to me over something as trivial as leaving my toenail clippers out.

"Brutal" is perhaps the wrong word. "Cold" is better suited. Sacking a man who'd just won you a trophy and has you on the edge of the playoffs with barely a word of thanks is certainly harsh. I think it leads to more questions than answers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here