Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Thoughts and prayers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think we're so desensitised to them the shooting dead of 6 people last week in Atlanta wasn't mentioned, despite the police chief almost laughing it off saying the assailant was 'having a bad day'.

Now Boulder is getting another round of T's & P's with 10 poor souls in a supermarket finding themselves in the firing line.

www.denverpost.com/2021/03/22/police-active-shooter-shooting-king-soopers-boulder/amp/

That'll be Boulder Colorado a comparative stones throw from Columbine.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
as soon as the first mass shooting in a ****ing school was allowed without banning guns immediately there country was forever going to pay the price with mass murder on a daily scale especially all the while that “thoughts and prayers” are the answer

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Sad news, but will they ever learn or tighten gun laws...
No, the Americans have made their bed, and are oblivious to its failings, we have had thread after thread about mass shootings in the states.
Nothing will change, until they want it too, unfortunately we are going to have to wait until their is a large scale change of mind set before anything will change.....

That maybe generations away.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It’s in their power to do something about it but they won’t. They’re thick and I have zero sympathy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I had a bad day yesterday.
Turners Pies sell the bestest hot cross buns and I accidentally ate 4.

I'm amazed I didn't kill 6 people.

[tweet]1372248471445463041[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A mass shooting has been defined as killing 4 or more people.

The 9 dead earlier today in San Jose brings this year's total of mass shootings, in America, up to 231.
Today's is the worst in San Jose since 1993.

Oh and in completely unrelated news a law is going to the Texas State House which will make it legal to openly carry a gun without the need for a license or training.

While last week another law, in Texas, has been passed pretty much banning abortion.

All seems perfectly normal to me.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008

The 9 dead earlier today in San Jose brings this year's total of mass shootings, in America, up to 231.

Oh and in completely unrelated news a law is going to the Texas State House which will make it legal to openly carry a gun without the need for a license or training.

While last week another law, in Texas, has been passed pretty much banning abortion.

It will only get worse as America comes out of lockdown and things get back to 'normal'.

As well as the loonies in Texas there has been an increase In the number of ghost guns. This is basically a gun which arrives in the post in pieces which is assembled in the comfort of your home. By doing this you circumvent the existing gun laws, no background check is required and as a serial number is not required it is untraceable.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
They just don’t see it in the same way.

The attitude is that if someone has a gun you have to have a gun to defend yourself. Not take the gun away.

It’s so embedded in society it’s not going to change. When US colleagues come to my office in London they always say they are amazed by the fact that if the police don’t carry guns how can we feel safe?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
They just don’t see it in the same way.

The attitude is that if someone has a gun you have to have a gun to defend yourself. Not take the gun away.

It’s so embedded in society it’s not going to change. When US colleagues come to my office in London they always say they are amazed by the fact that if the police don’t carry guns how can we feel safe?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We don’t in london, its stab city

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think we're so desensitised to them the shooting dead of 6 people last week in Atlanta wasn't mentioned, despite the police chief almost laughing it off saying the assailant was 'having a bad day'.

Now Boulder is getting another round of T's & P's with 10 poor souls in a supermarket finding themselves in the firing line.

www.denverpost.com/2021/03/22/police-active-shooter-shooting-king-soopers-boulder/amp/

That'll be Boulder Colorado a comparative stones throw from Columbine.

Wasn't mentioned where?

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017

All life is precious*

*For a period of three trimesters only; T&Cs apply, void where prohibited

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s in their power to do something about it but they won’t. They’re thick and I have zero sympathy.

I don't think they are thick. They instead demonstrate that humans cling onto long-established tropes. It comforts them.

Here (for a certain generation) we have the good old Queen, the good old C of E, the good old BBC . . . . the good old Brighton and Hove Albion...

There they have their good old guns. Nation founded on them.

They will change when they want to. It's their choice. And ours to boycott them if it bothers us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here