Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Thanks to a thieving toe rag

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
So a wee bit of a funny side to a theft at my house. Some toe rag on Saturday night stole the hose from the tap on our drive (used for cleaning dog) which must be worth all of £20 new - pissed off as you’d expect. But then it gets funny, they also stole an old rolled up rug which I’d put in the bag from the new rug and was taking to the dump on Sunday, so don’t know whether to thank them for saving me a trip. Would have loved to seen his face when he unrolled the rug to find the patches the dog chewed out of it. Even funnier is they left my sons large skateboard worth over £50. I still don’t get the hose though? What goes through the mind of a SMS head?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A **** once stole the falling to bits sports holdall from my car (parked in a work space in Hove).

His reward was a wet towel, soaking wet Speedo’s, shampoo and a deodorant.

That wouldn’t buy him or her a minute’s worth of Smack.

What a dope.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A **** once stole the falling to bits sports holdall from my car (parked in a work space in Hove).

His reward was a wet towel, soaking wet Speedo’s, shampoo and a deodorant.

That wouldn’t buy him or her a minute’s worth of Smack.

What a dope.

They should have arrested you for having Speedo’s!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Probably a middle-class kid acting like he’s from da hood and all street innit bro cuz all dem hoes round here is mine.

Maybe one day someone will tell him that hose and hoes are different things...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Whoever is responsible for this deed has most likely been let down by society, it is more than probable that they should be helped, understood and shown some empathy.

A break in the countryside in a calm, soothing environment with all mod cons might offer some solace to the hapless soul.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I came home from work, one day in the summer, a few years ago. It was baking hot and I thought to myself....need to get out later....when its cooled a bit and water the hanging baskets....they look a bit droopy. Made myself a cuppa and sat down and watched about an hour of Wimbledon. I had opened the doors and windows to get some air into the place.
Went outside, about an hour later....GONE....the bloody hanging baskets ( x 4 ) had been nicked!!! As I sat there watching tv, with doors and windows open, the toerags had taken them from literally under my nose. I saw some flower heads on the ground, so I followed the trail, off my front and up the road, like a dog following a scent. Saw a boy on a bike and asked him if he had seen anyone carrying hanging baskets. He replied that he had seen two lads, a few minutes before. Sadly, the trail went cold, the flower heads dried up and I gave up.
As a footnote, was speaking to my neighbour the next day and mentioned the incident. He told me that later that night, he had lost an expensive garden table, four chairs and a large parasol. Clearly, someone locally had put in an order for ' garden items ' and the local toerags were making up that order.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Please, can we have the correct spelling of ‘tow rag’ for these tow rags.

It’s what they deserve.

C62F5207-5EDD-4A01-B487-C49AD4784ACD.png

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Please, can we have the correct spelling of ‘tow rag’ for these tow rags.

It’s what they deserve.

Yeah, it's one of those words that's not used a lot but when it is used, it's always (or nearly always) misspellt (see also shoo-in and bated).

I remember leaving my bike rear light on and finding it nicked. Who's going to make money on a second-hand £5 light?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yeah, it's one of those words that's not used a lot but when it is used, it's always (or nearly always) misspellt (see also shoo-in and bated).

I remember leaving my bike rear light on and finding it nicked. Who's going to make money on a second-hand £5 light?

:smile:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Whoever is responsible for this deed has most likely been let down by society, it is more than probable that they should be helped, understood and shown some empathy.

A break in the countryside in a calm, soothing environment with all mod cons might offer some solace to the hapless soul.

Tories at fault I am sure :)

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I thought toe rag was an old rag that tramps and convicts used to wrap round their feet because they couldn't afford socks.
This led to criminals being labelled as "toe-rags"
Wasn't it from a Dickens novel?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here