Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] How many women contributors does NSC have?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Apologies if this isn't politically correct as I'm not completely sure what's allowed to be asked these days.

Following on from some of the male orientated views on the '22 WSL Games To Be Shown Live' thread, I was wondering how many of NSC's contributors are women?

I believe Thunder Bolt and Edna Krabappel are female.

Are there many others?

Sensible replies only please.....

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Think its fair to say compared to a usual Amex crowd they are under represented on here..

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Me. I understand it is a football forum therefore most of the contributors are going to be male. I am not easily offended so if I read something that is overly misogynistic, I just think the post creator is a knob and move on with my life. I also find it very amusing what some men get their panties in a twist over. I also find this a very well balanced place to read views on all sorts of issues, football related and otherwise.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
[MENTION=46]Lush[/MENTION] used to have a role call of DAFT Bints under her posts. Maybe still does. And Leeds fan [MENTION=3003]Starry[/MENTION] will always be assured of a warm welcome here (longtime NSC contributors know why)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
42c57c4dc9761346346989392c5619657e61e997.png

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Good question. Definitely need more female voices on here. Obviously you can't necessarily tell a poster's gender (and intrinsically it shouldn't matter)....but a more diverse range of views should be interesting.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
:lolol:

I met a prominent NSCer who thought I was female.

'Only on weekends', I said.

I wonder how a female, apart from giving social clues, could be identified really. It does bring to mind those Harry Enfield sketches.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Good question. Definitely need more female voices on here. Obviously you can't necessarily tell a poster's gender (and intrinsically it shouldn't matter)....but a more diverse range of views should be interesting.

True in one way. But on the other hand an assumption of a delineation between male and female views may be wide of the mark.

It may be that both sexes have the same mixed pot of opinion.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
[MENTION=46]Lush[/MENTION] used to have a role call of DAFT Bints under her posts. Maybe still does. And Leeds fan [MENTION=3003]Starry[/MENTION] will always be assured of a warm welcome here (longtime NSC contributors know why)

Starry still posts but I think it's usually her husband now.

I think My and My Monkey and Spicy are female - I'm sure there are few more.

We've lost a few female contributors along the way: Roz doesn't post much these days nor does Teddy Bear and Guy Butters' missus used to be a regular on here (I've forgotten her user name).

We certainly could do with a few more. I agree with Nicko, NSC is more male dominated than the average Amex crowd is

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Paddy shared the Starry sign in. and has said it has been him, for the past few years.

D

Deleted member 2719

Are we talking about 1st accounts or second accounts?:cheery:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Paddy shared the Starry sign in. and has said it has been him, for the past few years.

They are easy to tell apart by the Grammar :angel:

Starry still posts but I think it's usually her husband now.

I think My and My Monkey and Spicy are female - I'm sure there are few more.

We've lost a few female contributors along the way: Roz doesn't post much these days nor does Teddy Bear and Guy Butters' missus used to be a regular on here (I've forgotten her user name).

We certainly could do with a few more. I agree with Nicko, NSC is more male dominated than the average Amex crowd is

It was Race, who can forget https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?46989-Ask-Tank

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Are we talking about 1st accounts or second accounts?:cheery:

??

If someone has multiple accounts they will be the same sex. Or are you suggesting a male could have a second “female” account and vice versa?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Mostly the women aren't regular posters. Not many posts

Your views are always very welcome. I'm guessing you'll have worked out the obvious idiots to ignore by now.

On a similar theme, is there anyone who didn't put on the census that they were white british?

Maybe some sort of diversity audit is needed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here