Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dunk disallowed goal

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Dunk’s free kick goal against West Brom was disallowed for the ref/opposition not being ready. West Ham have just scored from a quickly taken free kick before the ref & Arsenal players were anywhere near ready. What’s the difference? Am I missing something or just completely different rules being applied?

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
The abysmal ref in our game blew the whistle twice, literally millimetres before the ball crossed the line, therefore calling the play dead

Think I'm right in saying that, but stand corrected

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
The ref was in the middle of putting his line of white spray down when West Ham took their free kick, no whistle blown. So why were we even having to wait on a whistle at all?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The abysmal ref in our game blew the whistle twice, literally millimetres before the ball crossed the line, therefore calling the play dead

Think I'm right in saying that, but stand corrected

Even if that was true. He still blew the whistle to start the game and told Captain D to go ahead and take it.

Then changed his mind 2x.

Plus Dunk didn't get any sanctions after the game calling the ref a **** (paraphrasing Dunky here).

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Dunk’s free kick goal against West Brom was disallowed for the ref/opposition not being ready. West Ham have just scored from a quickly taken free kick before the ref & Arsenal players were anywhere near ready. What’s the difference? Am I missing something or just completely different rules being applied?

Technically Dunks goal was disallowed because the ref blew his whistle a second time before the ball crossed the line stopping the game so the goal couldn’t stand. Had he not blown his whistle the second time the goal should have been given regardless of West Brom being ready or not. The ref made a complete mess of the situation as he panicked after allowing Dunk to take the free kick and then saw the West Brom keeper was still sorting the wall. There is nothing in the laws of the game stopping a quick free kick being taken because the other team aren’t ready. Once the ref says it can be taken that is the end of it (or should be if the ref actually knows what he’s doing). See Dunk vs Liverpool for an example of the ref getting it right.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I am sure the powers sometimes realise the rest of the population thinks they have got it wrong and do it different the next time, no bad thing just keeps us all guessing/confused.com

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Isn't it the same ref ?

Dont think so. There is one guy who looks like Seinfeld and one who looks like John Terry, aside for those I cant really distinguish them but the guy who disallowed the Dunk goal was definitely a bit more bald than this one.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Unfortunately for us it was just terrible refereeing.

No one was Mason the other Moss. Standards of refereeing are shocking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Dont think so. There is one guy who looks like Seinfeld and one who looks like John Terry, aside for those I cant really distinguish them but the guy who disallowed the Dunk goal was definitely a bit more bald than this one.

Yes - just realised. The dreaded M men.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here