Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Orlando Bloom interview

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I read this in the Sunday Times and thought this is a brilliant parody of a self-obsessed, clueless actor, pumped full of New Age crap, spouting self-help bullshit, and blissfully unaware of his own idiocy. I assumed it was by Craig Brown. Turns out it’s a genuine interview with Orlando Bloom. :dunce:

6AEFBEB8-A4CC-4DAD-A4F8-4507FC2B1168.jpeg632354C3-180C-4148-9167-BB1FBE39616D.jpeg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What a bellend - I’m with you OP. He reminds me of some people that move to Brighton.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
"Blissfully unaware of his own idiocy" Hello Mr pot, meet Mr Kettle. But then in the first paragraph " it's all quite LA really" which kind of undermines his lack of self awareness.

But full marks to you for resisting the urge to call him woke

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
"Blissfully unaware of his own idiocy" Hello Mr pot, meet Mr Kettle.

Hello, Mr Kettle.

But full marks to you for resisting the urge to call him woke

I try to avoid it. It’s become as meaningless a term as alt-right. It doesn’t really apply here anyway, but I liked it when he listed himself, minorities and women as deserving cases in need of a voice, presumably in that order.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It’s funny.

But serious answer. It’s a shame we have a tendency to point and ridicule people who go against convention, or the herd, with actions, or when they’re expressing original thoughts.

If he’s genuine, more power to him.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
The money he makes, the women he gets and the fantastic shape he's in, i think i might take a leaf out of his book.

I always wonder “chicken and egg” when I read this type of thing.

Was he like this before he had enough wealth to play “choose your own lifestyle”? Or is he enabled in being like this because the only people around him are people that either make money off him, and so indulge him, or have similar levels of wealth and privilege and so are on similar paths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
It’s funny.

But serious answer. It’s a shame we have a tendency to point and ridicule people who go against convention, or the herd, with actions, or when they’re expressing original thoughts.

If he’s genuine, more power to him.

I was listening to Linkin Park last night and reading about on Chester Benningtons life and ultimately his suicide. Was the singer for Stone Temple Pilots too. He was a very talented and tortured soul.

Where has society gone to when someone speaks out about a healthy lifestyle and gets attacked for it.?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Are at the point where eating healthy and having a bit of a spiritual side is something to be ashamed of?
Its not as if the OP is highlighting a piece written by Jimmy Saville or Gary Glitter or the Yorkshire Ripper is it? :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here