Hurst Green
Who is off to their national sides?

Bob, Moder, Veltman Trossard(?)

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
A little interest because our players taking part. In general internationals a bore with loads of meaningless qualifiers that are set up for big sides to get through

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I make it 18 full internationals in our squad and possibly one more coming with Bob

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Who is off to their national sides?

Bob, Moder, Veltman Trossard(?)

Yes these four are confirmed and also Zequiri for the u21s and it appears Tau has been given the go ahead for SA. Weir for England u19s (training camp). South Americans all called off and u19 euro qualifiers called off (shame as think we would of had a lot of irish youngsters involved).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Feels great to win those 2 games before a little break. Don’t think there’s a need for travel / internationals at mo but is what it is. Surely just a few warm up games before euros would do in current climate. But keen to see England. Just listened to Henry Winter on the Albion podcast and he had a good point that the current England squad is full of decent humans - and he’d be a good judge of that. Very likeable bunch, although some have forgotten this it seems. Hope the Albion lads do well and escape injury or fatigue etc.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I thought he was, my mistake :blush:

Don't worry about it! He'll be back. Apparently not quite there fitness wise according to GP. So not surprising really, Poland have a decent pool of players to choose from as well :thumbsup:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Yes these four are confirmed and also Zequiri for the u21s and it appears Tau has been given the go ahead for SA. Weir for England u19s (training camp). South Americans all called off and u19 euro qualifiers called off (shame as think we would of had a lot of irish youngsters involved).

Apparently Weir has been replaced by 16-year-old Alfie Devine (also formerly of Wigan, but now at Spurs).

No idea what Weir's injury is.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The 5live team in the last hour agreed that our CM this summer should be Grealish, Rice and Ward-Prowse.

NOT as a ‘one for future’, but a CM that could help give us the trophy this time around.

I know Sockboy can be outstanding when he’s not diving, but I believe the Spanish, Belgians and French are at a higher level. I can’t see Ward-Prowse, for all his set piece expertise, outplaying their pacey technicians.

Could that cm produce the goods for cup glory?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
The 5live team in the last hour agreed that our CM this summer should be Grealish, Rice and Ward-Prowse.

NOT as a ‘one for future’, but a CM that could help give us the trophy this time around.

I know Sockboy can be outstanding when he’s not diving, but I believe the Spanish, Belgians and French are at a higher level. I can’t see Ward-Prowse, for all his set piece expertise, outplaying their pacey technicians.

Could that cm produce the goods for cup glory?

Where are they suggesting Foden plays?

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2075766/internationals-whos-going-where

Good update here, interestingly states that Karbownik is part of the full squad (I assume due to players dropping out, not that i could ever find the u21 squad either!). Also great to see Roberts, Wilson and Dendoncker involved with their respective nation youth squads.

Really oddly, no mention of Tau... (definitely in SA from his socials)

Last edited:

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2075766/internationals-whos-going-where

Good update here, interestingly states that Karbownik is part of the full squad (I assume due to players dropping out, not that i could ever find the u21 squad either!). Also great to see Roberts, Wilson and Dendoncker involved with their respective nation youth squads.

And no mention of Ostigard with Norway (again definitely there from his socials). Assuming this is just a mistake rather than a purposeful omission from the article...

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

And no mention of Ostigard with Norway (again definitely there from his socials). Assuming this is just a mistake rather than a purposeful omission from the article...

I would advise you to treat these international preview articles on the club website with some caution; experience has shown that they are often outdated even before they are published.

For instance, the article suggests that Jahanbakhsh will be joining up with Iran for their friendly against Syria; well, he wasn't in the Iranian squad announced last weekend, and he was training with Albion yesterday, so I am pretty sure he isn't on international duty.

I appreciate the club making the effort, but I would urge you to use the articles merely as a starting point for figuring out who's been called up...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Hmmm not quite sure what to believe, when talking about Joel Veltman, the club mentioned that the Netherlands were facing . . . the Netherlands in match over the internationals weekend.

Obviously a typo, but l do think that the person who made it is a bit of a :dunce:

Either that or he/she has been on the :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here