Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Credit due to Our Strikers

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It is a lot about taking your chances. For the first time in as long as I can remember our strikers / forward finished our chances like Prem strikers / forwards should.

Chuffed to pieces.

If they can maintain that standard, then I promise to shut up about needing a new striker (we do need one!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It is a lot about taking your chances. For the first time in as long as I can remember our strikers / forward finished our chances like Prem strikers / forwards should.

Chuffed to pieces.

If they can maintain that standard, then I promise to shut up about needing a new striker (we do need one!)

Don’t let your short term euphoria make you utter promises you have absolutely no chance of keeping :lolol:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm not so sure we need a striker. Similar to not needing another central midfielder but we then signed Moder & Caicedo, equally we were awash with CB's yet Veltman was available and could be our POTS. We may sign a promising youngster or an experienced pro for peanuts but I cannot see a £30m superstar arriving

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Don’t let your short term euphoria make you utter promises you have absolutely no chance of keeping :lolol:

LoL [emoji23]

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I'm not so sure we need a striker. Similar to not needing another central midfielder but we then signed Moder & Caicedo, equally we were awash with CB's yet Veltman was available and could be our POTS. We may sign a promising youngster or an experienced pro for peanuts but I cannot see a £30m superstar arriving

It is interesting that I currently don’t feel the need to come back at you. Let’s see how our strikers perform in our remaining games but, for sure, our strikers did their jobs last night.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Chuffed to pieces.

The first two weren't the type of chances we usually make and miss, though. They were created out of almost nothing by the scorers, and Newcastle helped by standing off and spectating rather than getting 10 men in the way. Maupay's was more the sort of chance we usually don't convert (and didn't he score a vert similar goal against Burnley last season?) but maybe the defenders were mesmerised by Gross's Cruyff turn.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Two fantastic goals, and another really decent one from Maups. Why we love football. Right there. Epitomised by our strikers yesterday. It’s a lovely warm glow feeling to have this Sunday morning. Might even buy a newspaper for a change!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
The first two weren't the type of chances we usually make and miss, though. They were created out of almost nothing by the scorers, and Newcastle helped by standing off and spectating rather than getting 10 men in the way. Maupay's was more the sort of chance we usually don't convert (and didn't he score a vert similar goal against Burnley last season?) but maybe the defenders were mesmerised by Gross's Cruyff turn.

Seriously. They were ALL brilliant finishes. When was the last time anyone could say that!? Rather than Brighton created 20 plus chances but just cannot convert them?

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I still think we need to sign a big lump up front

If Fulham go down I’d be happy with either Madja or Mitrovic. Not necessarily to start but an alternative option.

I’d also be content with Wyke from Sunderland or even promoting Khadra to the first team, He could take a lot from playing with Welbeck for a while

As for last night it was lovely just to see one of them have a shot rather than try and score the perfect goal

I wonder if Zeqiri and Molder getting game time and both shooting when there’s an opportunity has prompted the others to have a crack, not for any reason than if they don’t someone else will

Great to see

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I still think we need to sign a big lump up front

If Fulham go down I’d be happy with either Madja or Mitrovic. Not necessarily to start but an alternative option.

I’d also be content with Wyke from Sunderland or even promoting Khadra to the first team, He could take a lot from playing with Welbeck for a while

As for last night it was lovely just to see one of them have a shot rather than try and score the perfect goal

I wonder if Zeqiri and Molder getting game time and both shooting when there’s an opportunity has prompted the others to have a crack, not for any reason than if they don’t someone else will

Great to see

Madja is no better than we already have. Mitrovic is a good player...in the Championship, he's also a thug, just ask Ben White about that :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here