Wiltshire
Looking back at the goals v Newcastle

Trossard - Bob would have got a touch on that
Welbeck - same
Maupay - not impossible he would have got that one too

Nothing against the finishes, more a comment on Bob

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I admire your confidence in Bob but I don't think any keeper would have saved Trossard's strike, he curled it from outside the post into the side netting, practically unsavable in my view. The defending was poor for all the goals if we're honest, do think he would have done better with the 2nd and 3rd goals though, agree with you there.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I admire your confidence in Bob but I don't think any keeper would have saved Trossard's strike, he curled it from outside the post into the side netting, practically unsavable in my view. The defending was poor for all the goals if we're honest, do think he would have done better with the 2nd and 3rd goals though, agree with you there.

Memories of a certain Aussie came back as they flew in

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Looking back at the goals v Newcastle

Trossard - Bob would have got a touch on that
Welbeck - same
Maupay - not impossible he would have got that one too

Nothing against the finishes, more a comment on Bob

But he didn't get anything on Fraser's shot and a few millimetres to the left and it would have been a goal! Guessing you engineered a thread just to have a poke at Ryan.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Trossard's, absolutely not. You can see from the angle behind the goal that the curl took it well away from the keeper, nobody saves those.
Welbeck's, possibly. You could see what he was shaping up to do so yes, maybe the keeper should have been more aware.
Maupay's, not sure he had much time to react. Although it was pretty close to him, that redirection was spot on.

As for Fraser's shot, Sanchez looked like he was at full stretch and had it covered, but a bit more curl on it and that was in. It may have very well changed the outcome of the game too so I'm glad it didn't.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
But he didn't get anything on Fraser's shot and a few millimetres to the left and it would have been a goal! Guessing you engineered a thread just to have a poke at Ryan.

Is it possible to be a Sanchez fan without being anti Ryan?
Ryan was a great servant for us. (Bit disappointing to see him liking that tweet poking fun at Sanchez though, but ho hum).
He’s not as good as what we have seen as Sanchez though, clearly, although there is no disgrace in that. The same goes for the Newcastle keeper. The margins are small - a tiny fingertip touch round the post can change a game.
Which led to my question.
Fraser’s shot wasn’t on target btw. Maybe Sanchez had it covered?
And don’t worry about Maty. He’s perfectly happy at his big club.

Last edited:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
More to the point, do you think he'd have saved Fraser's shot IF it had been going in, rather than clipping the outside of the post?

I convinced myself on the phone to my son this morning that he would have saved it......what do you reckon people of NSC?! Know it's an irrelevance by the way! :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can say with quite a bit of confidence that Ryan wouldn’t have got anywhere near all three goals :smile:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
More to the point, do you think he'd have saved Fraser's shot IF it had been going in, rather than clipping the outside of the post?

I convinced myself on the phone to my son this morning that he would have saved it......what do you reckon people of NSC?! Know it's an irrelevance by the way! :)

Yes, my thoughts at the time after the replay, glad we didn’t find out though

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If Bob had been in the Newcastle goal I'd have been fuming. What would he have been thinking? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here