Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Gross turn

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
At what point do we stop referring to it as the Cruyff turn? Pascal does at least 3 times a game and almost always successfully. Bafflingly, as it’s literally his only trick, and he seems to do it very slowly, yet never fails. I hereby move to rename the slightly slower, yet hugely effective version, as the Gross turn.

Hilltop

Banned
Mar 20, 2021
Not only can he turn his man inside out with a brilliant Gross turn, he can also cross the ball off his standing foot and out for a goal kick, straight from one of those turns. Genius.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I had the same thought - I wonder how many he does in every match - do you think Opta record it?

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Fast becoming the highlight of the game, calling when Gross will do a Cruyff.

I think defenders find it so difficult because he can cross with either foot so have to be ready to block the cross and then the Cruyff works.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Not only can he turn his man inside out with a brilliant Gross turn, he can also cross the ball off his standing foot and out for a goal kick, straight from one of those turns. Genius.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Highlight of the match for me last night was the Gross turn to get out of a sticky defensive situation - beat 2 or 3 players in one move. Anyone got a gif?

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Highlight of the match for me last night was the Gross turn to get out of a sticky defensive situation - beat 2 or 3 players in one move. Anyone got a gif?

:thumbsup:

GT.gif

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I said on another thread that the reason this works is that he can effectively cross and pass with his left foot. Opponents will know about the Pascal Pivot, but can't commit to blocking it as he does the left footed cross or pass equally often, (though less memorably to us)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here