Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Newcastle (h)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sanchez 6.5 -- nothing to do, top distribution and positioning, calm
White 7 -- intense in his pressing, he'll cost a lot in the summer
Dunk 7 -- our captain is class
Veltman 8 -- looks as though he's played left-sided CB all his career, an assist for the important one
Gross 7 -- another assist for Gross
Bissouma 8 -- he's back
Lallana 8 -- barely puts a foot wrong, always finds the optimum pass and movement
Moder 7 -- great first PL start. He bodes well
Welbeck 8 -- top finish
Trossard 8.5 MotM -- got the one that changed the game, amazing finish, he's a quality player
Maupay 8 -- as [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] says, works his socks off, some amazing link-up play tonight, and guided the ball into the net

Subs:
Zeqiri and Propper n/a

Potter 10 -- three fit defenders, but what an amazing formation in response to it. Welbeck playing high, high and wide, wide on the left; Grpss continuing his new found RWB role; Veltman a beast; Lallana running things; Maupay advanced on the right; Tross slightly withdrawn in the centre as a 'false nine'. So pleased for the man that is doing the job Tony wanted him to do, in a week that our 23yo keeper who has been with us for seven years gets called up into the Spanish squad.

Last edited:

Hilltop

Banned
Mar 20, 2021
Lallana was man of the match for me. He always gave us that extra second on the ball Newcastle could never find for themselves. His class made us look so in control.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
This is a very difficult game to call, all of the defenders could have pulled up a table and chairs and had a game of cards they had so little to do and Sanchez could have popped over the Swan for a pint (if it was open).

Great all round performance and I think the key point tonight was team performance so I will just give 8s all round

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Sanchez - 6 - a spectator. Got to unfurl his range of passing

White - 7 - Composed. Untroubled
Dunk - 7 - Just knocked it around
Veltman - 8 - a wonderful eye for a pass

Gross - 8 - Beautiful ball for the goal. Dominant performance
Lallana - 9 - MOM - The phantom menace
Bissouma - 9 - At least one incredible tackle. Dominated Shelvey
Moder - 8 - Tidy and kept us ticking over. Needs to get in central midfield as he will be a complete beast in there. Only 21 remember.

Trossard - 9 - Great hit for goal one and linked the play beautifully
Welbeck - 8 - A great outlet. Give him 2 more years
Maupay - 7 - Wonderful finish. I'd still like to see a bit more quality in hold up play and better decision making when through on goal

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Sanchez 7
Veltman 8
Dunk 8
White 8
Moder 7
Gross 7
Bissouma 8
Lallana 9 MOTM
Trossard 8
Maupay 8
Welbeck 8

Zeqiri 7
MacAllister 7
Propper na

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This is a very difficult game to call, all of the defenders could have pulled up a table and chairs and had a game of cards they had so little to do and Sanchez could have popped over the Swan for a pint (if it was open).

Great all round performance and I think the key point tonight was team performance so I will just give 8s all round

As long as he brings the pints he is welcome.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
9 for Lallana - we are so lucky to have him - and 8 for everyone else
10 for Potter, Bruce was absolutely rinsed by him tactically with how we set up with Welbeck and Maupay both wide.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Veltman 8 -- looks as though he's played left-sided CB all his career, an assist for the important one
Bissouma 8 -- he's back
Lallana 8 -- barely puts a foot wrong, always finds the optimum pass and movement
Welbeck 8 -- top finish
Trossard 8.5 MotM -- got the one that changed the game, amazing finish, he's a quality player
Maupay 8 -- as [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] says, works his socks off, some amazing link-up play tonight, and guided the ball into the net

Subs:
Zeqiri and Propper n/a

Potter 10 -- three fit defenders, but what an amazing formation in response to it. Welbeck playing high, high and wide, wide on the left; Grpss continuing his new found RWB role; Veltman a beast; Lallana running things; Maupay advanced on the right; Tross slightly withdrawn in the centre as a 'false nine'. So pleased for the man that is doing the job Tony wanted him to do, in a week that our 23yo keeper who has been with us for seven years gets called up into the Spanish squad.

I'd go along with that although Veltman, Lallana, Welbeck and Trossard all potential MoMs. And so good to see Bissouma back to his best, admittedly against pretty poor opposition. Overall a great watch. We have so many class players.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sanchez 7
Veltman 8
Dunk 8
White 8
Moder 7
Gross 7
Bissouma 8
Lallana 9 MOTM
Trossard 8
Maupay 8
Welbeck 8

Zeqiri 7
MacAllister 7
Propper na
Agree with this

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017

So true. We were very good tonight - and Newcastle were very, very poor

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Brighton win 3-0 , Goalkeeper "nothing to do" and gets a low score.

Is it only me that reads that as ridiculous ?

NSC drives me nuts at times. The only time a goalkeeper gets a high score on here is when another player makes a mistake leading to the goalkeeper having to make a save.

Start the goalkeeper at 10 and remove points where he makes a mistake.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Bissouma 8 -- he's back
Welbeck 8 -- top finish

Subs:
Zeqiri and Propper n/a

Cannot disagree with any of this top work

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Biss 9 for me. Another one of those games where he just looks so at ease, on another level.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

NSC drives me nuts at times. The only time a goalkeeper gets a high score on here is when another player makes a mistake leading to the goalkeeper having to make a save.

So, if Graeme Smith was in goal tonight, he would have got 10? Bizarre logic

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

Which would make him MOTM as the only player with 10 points.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

I think your scoring mechanism is more ridiculous.

Surely you base ratings on what players do well, as well as the mistakes they make. You can’t start everyone at 10 otherwise you’d have subs coming on in injury time as a 10, purely on the basis they’ve done nothing wrong.

I gave Sanchez a 7 and that’s pretty much down to above average distribution and he claimed the odd high ball.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So, if Graeme Smith was in goal tonight, he would have got 10? Bizarre logic

Silly analogy.

The goalkeeper position is obviously quite different and should clearly be judged differently to other players. If you judge a goalkeeper simply on what saves they make, it also highlights an uneducated view of the role their play in marshalling and communicating to the defenders.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here