Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] This squad and next season.

larus

First - IMO, we aren’t going down. No way. (I know some may still be worried, but I’m not).

So, on that basis, assuming we keep the squad for next season, I think we’re ready to push on quite a bit.
Look at the level of performance from the young squad we have, and, they are only improving. I hope Maupay can step up, but if not, then I trust the club to finally find a replacement or maybe there’s one waiting to come through from the U23s.

How many of our first team squad are under 23? Must be at least 2/3rds.

Only fear is that we start to lose some to big bids - but maybe Covid is a blessing for us for this season as hopefully big bids may not be coming through.

Great time to be an Albion fan. If you’re not happy now, f*ck off and watch Man U or whatever :lol: .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We may lose one or two i the summer - probably for lower sums than some on here think, but still a good wedge towards sustainability. We've got a lot coming through though, and enough cover if we do lose one or two.
The problem with everybody fit and available though will be who to leave out.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think Biss will be gone. But no hard feelings from me, he’s been here a while, he’s starting to peak.. probably a good time for him to move and for us to cash in at his peak value.

We also are perfectly set up to replace him with Moises. Moder and Molumby all pushing to play in his spot next season.

I don’t see any other outs, unless we get astronomical bids we can’t refuse. There’s a slim chance of that with Sanchez and Ben White. But we won’t sell cheap.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really hope that we don’t lose Sanchez, we have cover in all other positions. Be a hammer blow if we lose him

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I don't see TB selling Biss, White or Sanchez this summer. White and Sanchez haven't had enough PL experience imo to command big figures.

Biss has been outstanding but got more to give and unless big money comes in, why would TB sell. Jan or next season with Moises settled, yea can see it. Biss is only 24, still coming into his prime and thus value.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Get Webster, Solly and Lamptey back fully fit.

Sign Welbeck, if he’s reasonable with his money demands.

Hopefully keep Bissouma.

Sign another striker (with pace), a LB and midfield cover.

Goalkeepers - better cover for Sanchez?

Farewell I think to Propper and Jahanbakhsh.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Hopefully keep Bissouma.

Agree with all your points

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
When does Sanchez’s current contract end?

He’s just signed a new one recently. Smart business from Potter and the club.

I think he’ll be here. But we have to accept (and it’s a good sign actually), if we’re uncovering exciting young talent, there’s always a slim chance a crazy bid comes in, like Wan Bissaka levels which we can’t refuse.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
Really hope that we don’t lose Sanchez, we have cover in all other positions. Be a hammer blow if we lose him

It would be bonkers to sell Sanchez. He's young so won't command a big price. Coming through the Academy means he's well known to the club and we'd have to buy a replacement. No point in selling if we want to be a top ten club...

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Personally I think it would take a spectacular offer to tempt TB into selling anyone GP wants to keep.

My guess is that we won't have to fend off a single bid. Clubs will know we're not selling cheap and so won't even show their hand by trying. (we may get a "we need to look like we're trying to sign someone to the fans" sort of bid, but nothing serious)

larus

My point was, I don’t really see us losing more than 1 this close season (yes, I could be wrong).

if we get to next season with the same squad, all being that little bit older and more experienced, I can see us really being a mid-table team next season.

Even if we lose Biss (who I think is the most likely to go), I don’t think he’d be a great loss as we have enough quality coming through to challenge there anyway. Also, he does seem to have been left involved/influential over the last month or so (again,just my opinion).

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Think it will be another slow transfer window due to the lack of available monies for all clubs due to Covid. Would like to see that elusive striker and LB. Anything else would be a bonus

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He’s just signed a new one recently. Smart business from Potter and the club.

I think he’ll be here. But we have to accept (and it’s a good sign actually), if we’re uncovering exciting young talent, there’s always a slim chance a crazy bid comes in, like Wan Bissaka levels which we can’t refuse.

Deserved.

I thought Sanchez was a class act tonight - distribution, positioning with their aerials or through balls, as cool as a cucumber when they tried to disrupt interplay with the CB’s.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Nobody is going to stop Bissouma or White going to a top 4 team. I'm sure of that. Not sure the money is about at the moment though.

Hilltop

Banned
Mar 20, 2021
Deserved.

I thought Sanchez was a class act tonight - distribution, positioning with their aerials or through balls, as cool as a cucumber when they tried to disrupt interplay with the CB’s.

You must be kidding?

Newcastle didn't have a shot on target the whole match. Sanchez getting man of the match suggest you must be pretty drunk?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Hopefully keep Bissouma.

Defo a leftback / LWB to compete with March - seems to me the other Pole isn’t quite ready now in Potter’s opinion. I agree with all your points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here