NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Leeds United's all-time record goalscorer Peter Lorimer has died aged 74, the club have announced.

The former Scotland international scored 238 goals in 705 appearances for Leeds over two spells spanning 23 years.

He won two league titles, the FA Cup and League Cup with Leeds under legendary manager Don Revie.

Leeds announced "with great sadness" that Lorimer had died on Saturday morning "following a long-term illness.

"Peter's contribution to Leeds United will never be forgotten and his passing leaves another huge hole in the Leeds United family," read a statement.

"He will always remain a club icon and his legacy at Elland Road will live on."

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A beautiful striker of a football with raw power, timing and technique.

One wonders what he'd have done with today's footballs and how many he'd have burst.

Some sensational goals here.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Loved watching him shoot from distance , saw him take a free kick at Wolves ( on tv of course , i was about 10 ) must have been 35 yards out , keeper only just tipped it over . R.I.P.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
RIP

Wasn’t he a pundit for Leeds Radio? Pretty certain that I have seen him at the Amex when we have played Leeds

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One of the 15 Leeds players (the team barely changed week in week out, year in year out) who in 10 years played football constanty 20 years ahead of its time.

RIP.

Perhaps someone can help me with this Lorimer-related question. I saw him do an insane strike at Shitehole park when I went to watch Leeds play there in the late 70s. It was a game between October 76 and May 77. I have looked up the game and can find no record of it. In fact 11.11.com shows no game between Palarse and Leeds at Sellhurst at any time between 76 and 79 which is when I was a student. I'm stumped.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One of the 15 Leeds players (the team barely changed week in week out, year in year out) who in 10 years played football constanty 20 years ahead of its time.

RIP.

Perhaps someone can help me with this Lorimer-related question. I saw him do an insane strike at Shitehole park when I went to watch Leeds play there in the late 70s. It was a game between October 76 and May 77. I have looked up the game and can find no record of it. In fact 11.11.com shows no game between Palarse and Leeds at Sellhurst at any time between 76 and 79 which is when I was a student. I'm stumped.

Try WACCOE :rolleyes:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
RIP

Wasn’t he a pundit for Leeds Radio? Pretty certain that I have seen him at the Amex when we have played Leeds

he was.

he also traveled home and away with us until his health prevented it last year, standing in the away end among us all, so pleased he got to see us win the league last year, him and norman had a running joke about stuff like that and he says to me last july "least i go to see this" after norm died. one of the true greats, our leading goalscorer, our youngest player and a shot like no other.

this year has been cruel on leeds, so many gone and not able to give them the send off they deserved, jackie, norm, trevor and now hotshot, what a man, what a player.

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
I went to school in Leeds for a couple of years in 1970/1. Peter Lorimer was my absolute boyhood hero.
Really sad news.
RIP.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon

RIP.

Could it possibly been at West Ham? 6th Oct 76 - 3-1 to leeds - Lorimer scored.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
RIP. A legend for Leeds and Scotland.

Loads of pens, but what an incredible goal tally for a midfielder.

When I very young (just highlights on BBC and ITV then), my older brothers used to tell me about his goalscoring and that rocket of a shot.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
RIP. A legend for Leeds and Scotland.

Loads of pens, but what an incredible goal tally for a midfielder.

When I very young (just highlights on BBC and ITV then), my older brothers used to tell me about his goalscoring and that rocket of a shot.

Probably not a good idea to try and emulate the power of his shots against a neighbours garage door, when a yoof :whistle:

RIP :(

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Could it possibly been at West Ham? 6th Oct 76 - 3-1 to leeds - Lorimer scored.

No. It was deffo Palarse.

Mind you I did have four pints in the pub before the game (the most I have ever had at lunch time in my entire life, and at the time I was 9 stone of stringy piss) so.....

Crikey!

:facepalm:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
When I was a kid and we were having kickabouts with ‘added commentary’ as kids do, any long shot was always ‘and Lorimer hits it’

RIP

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003

A game I went to as a 'neutral' when Albion were away and the first Div 1 goal I saw live. Not sure I have seen a a shot time timed or placed as well since.

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020

RIP.

Maybe the FA Cup replay against non-league Wimbledon in 1975? The replay was needed after the infamous Dickie Guy penalty save (from Lorimer!). They played at it Selhurst Park to allow a bigger crowd.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
70s Frank Lampard Jnr. Gifted midfielder who knew where the goal was.

Scotland, and England, could do with someone like him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Maybe the FA Cup replay against non-league Wimbledon in 1975? The replay was needed after the infamous Dickie Guy penalty save (from Lorimer!). They played at it Selhurst Park to allow a bigger crowd.

No. Didn't go to uni till Oct 76. Cheers, though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here