Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Spooky Coincidences/Time Clashes

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Having a conversation earlier, I recounted when I was young I used to use the hallway as a run-up to refine my bowling action for cricket. I would stand in the kitchen turning my arm over or throw a tennis ball against the bedroom wall and play strokes with a racket.

Decades later, when looking into my local area at The Keep, I discovered that before my parent's house was built the square actually formed part of the Queen's Park Cricket Ground. When I was pretending to be bowling in a Test match I may as well have been on the pitch itself.

There are very few references in historical documents, but if the place is of intrigue to cricket lovers I wrote a piece here:

https://queensparkchronicles.wordpress.com/2015/01/18/in-search-of-queens-park-cricket-ground/

Having this conversation again today I wondered if folk had ever found themselves in a strange situation that saw them engaging in an activity or re-enacting a scene that, unknowingly, had been relevant to the exact spot they were on decades before. Or even spookier had one of those cross-over moments when two periods of history overlap and people see into another time. (A weird time concept that even some scientists believe can happen).

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Having a conversation earlier, I recounted when I was young I used to use the hallway as a run-up to refine my bowling action for cricket. I would stand in the kitchen turning my arm over or throw a tennis ball against the bedroom wall and play strokes with a racket.

Decades later, when looking into my local area at The Keep, I discovered that before my parent's house was built the square actually formed part of the Queen's Park Cricket Ground. When I was pretending to be bowling in a Test match I may as well have been on the pitch itself.

There are very few references in historical documents, but if the place is of intrigue to cricket lovers I wrote a piece here:

https://queensparkchronicles.wordpress.com/2015/01/18/in-search-of-queens-park-cricket-ground/

Having this conversation again today I wondered if folk had ever found themselves in a strange situation that saw them engaging in an activity or re-enacting a scene that, unknowingly, had been relevant to the exact spot they were on decades before. Or even spookier had one of those cross-over moments when two periods of history overlap and people see into another time. (A weird time concept that even some scientists believe can happen).

My son is currently shagging his girlfriend in the same room he was conceived in, does that count?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
My son is currently shagging his girlfriend in the same room he was conceived in, does that count?

If they leave your place in a minute by way of jumping over your garden fence in to next door's garden, it's sex and out.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I have a spooky one....
about 5 years ago I went to the Amex Christmas party with my daughter who was 8 at the time, she wanted to meet the players so we queued up and got autographs and photos with the players.
we had a very nice photo with Bobby Zamora and Gordon Greer.

I have this photo as the home screen on my ipad.

fast forward about 4 years and I'm on my way from Brighton to a job in a store I make signs for in Sevenoaks.
out of the blue, my daughter (who I only see every fortnight as she now lives in Southampton with her mum ) messages me and asks if I can send her the photo that's on my iPad screen.
I find the photo on my phone and send it to her.
about 30 mins later we arrive in Sevenoaks and I go into the store to take some items in, I put the signs down and head back out to the van to get some tools.
as I walk out the store I walk straight into BOBBY ZAMORA! with his wife and child.

we have a little chat, I thanked him for all the goals and asked if he was enjoying his retirement, (he is) and he went on his way...

it still does my head in a bit ...

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Me and my wife were walking the dog yesterday at around 11.00 a.m. and at the exact same time as us a friend was cutting his grass in the garden.

Makes you think doesn’t it ?

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
My TV aerial was broken in the storm in January. I got a repair man in and he took the old one down. But the spooky thing is... he put the new one up in exactly the same place.. :eek:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

At the other end of that time scale, I gave birth to my son, in exactly the same labour room, as I was born in, 22 years previously.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
My house is built on the site of Eastbourne's Grand Hotel's fruit and veg garden. This week I have planted vegetables IN THE SAME GROUND.

F.ucking uncanny if you ask me (and people do)

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Lost my mum, dad and grandfather all on the same day/date (years apart). I am no believer but that is one huge coincidence.

After we lost my dad we met up with his side of the family at a cafe a few months later for some lunch. The moment we walked through the door the song played at his funeral started playing on the radio. A year later we all met up again for lunch in a pub - exact same thing happened. Not a commonly played song either - ‘Everything I Own’ by Ken Boothe, hardly a regular on anyone’s playlist (for starters it’s pretty depressing).

Like I say I am no believer, and would describe myself as an open minded agnostic/sceptic. But other smaller coincidences like the ones above have happened all my life. Almost like a little nod from the universe that life isn’t all random and chaos.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
In the late 80's I went skiing with a group to Austria. Towards the end of the week I was skiing down a slope underneath the chairlift, wearing a bhafc wolly hat, when I heard somebody shouting my name. I looked around but couldn't see anybody I knew so continued to the bottom of the slope. The following week back home I got a phone call at work from a fellow Brighton fan who works in another branch of the firm I work for in another town saying "I saw you last week skiing underneath us" He was on the chairlift and was the person who shouted my name.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Back in the days before Facebook, I was looking at a webpage for Haywards Heath and it had a section on the old Grammar School. A friend of mine had made a comment about Greta Scacchi and that she had been in the year below and at that time, 'was nothing special'. A couple of days later I was in Focus in Burgess Hill (yes I know but it was the only local diy place at the time) and Greta was standing right next to me. It was only after that I discovered she actually lived in Hurstpierpoint at the time.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I was once at a friends house in Bradford when I was 19, and his big sister was packing to go on holiday. I didn't ask where, she was a moody bint getting all stressy pants.

I was going on holiday myself the next week with my girlfriend to a little Greek island called Lefkas. We arrived, and on our first night we headed up into the middle of nowhere and found a tiny little Taverna. Literally four tables, run by a local family.

Walked in, and sat in the corner is old stroppy knickers with her boyfriend! We didn't join them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here