Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter's Newcastle Press Conference

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pBQauHkS1M

A bit shorter version this time as little was said..

Injuries / Dan Burn
Dan Burn has reacted well and will hopefully be training on Friday and should be available for the game (there's also a chance he wont be but I wont tell you). No other fresh problems. No fresh injuries aside from that.

Sanchez call-up
Good job by Ben Roberts and Casper and the academy, pleased for Rob who got everything you need to be a top goalkeeper.

Child abuse in football
Is bad.

Aaron Connolly. Any action taken?
Made a mistake (its not the end of the world but I'll condemn it because that makes my life easier and yours more difficult). Its been dealt with internally. Reporter wants to know if he was fined but GP doesnt want to comment on how they dealt with it (internally! bro..). He is a human being and we have to move on.

Newcastle the most important game of all time nothing else matters life begins and ends on Saturday?

One in ten games but sure it adds extra importance if you look at the table. Three points would be very very nice. It is what it is (it is exactly that: what it is).

Want to keep the momentum going from the Saints game?
Of course (duh).

Veltman
Great football intelligence, surprised with his skills in the final third.

Connolly in the matchday squad?
To be decided tomorrow (Friday).

Ben Roberts, Sanchez "second father"
Special qualities of Ben Roberts is that he cares about the players as humans and is indeed a bit of a father figure, kicking them in the back when needed and putting an arm around them when needed. Tough love and loving feedback, good mix.

Importance of captain Dunk
Really important and he is getting better and better, really. Its his second season as captain and he leads by example, and he's been the best player since GP came to the club. So he leads in that regard, but he is also developing how to lead as a man and as a person off and on the pitch.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Irrelevant to say the least, what coat is he wearing Saturday night - the smart grey one or the blue jacket ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Importance of captain Dunk
Really important and he is getting better and better, really. Its his second season as captain and he leads by example, and he's been the best player since GP came to the club. So he leads in that regard, but he is also developing how to lead as a man and as a person off and on the pitch.

Cheers Swanny.

On Dunk, does your Potter Translator tell you that what he means by "leads by example" is that he doesn't do ENOUGH talking? I mute the EA crowd noise on games as I find the players' calling sometimes interesting (and there's always a good chance of a meaty swear word followed by a commentating apology) and it seemed to me that it's Webster who does the actual talking when he's fit.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Cheers Swanny.

On Dunk, does your Potter Translator tell you that what he means by "leads by example" is that he doesn't do ENOUGH talking? I mute the EA crowd noise on games as I find the players' calling sometimes interesting (and there's always a good chance of a meaty swear word followed by a commentating apology) and it seemed to me that it's Webster who does the actual talking when he's fit.

Yes it probably means he could improve his talking/shouting.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks. Gotta love [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION].

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Irrelevant to say the least, what coat is he wearing Saturday night - the smart grey one or the blue jacket ?

#TeamBlackPuffa

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Interesting he said more about Dunks leadership of the field and getting better on. With so many goals conceded always thought Dunk should get more involved in sorting out defenders at corners. An example I saw was Webster before Liverpools late corner.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Special qualities of Ben Roberts is that he cares about the players as humans and is indeed a bit of a father figure, kicking them in the back when needed and putting an arm around them when needed.

It's "kicking them up the backside" - a small but quite important difference...

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
The team needs captains all over the pitch. Stephens was a captain whether he had the armband or not. Murray was a captain, armband or not (I don't think he was ever actually our captain). Duffy, Bruno, Sidwell, Webster, Lallana, Huenemeier... the list goes on down the last few years. We don't lack in characters on the pitch.

May 5, 2020
Sussex

I'm hoping it will be the smart jacket.
I am not a fan of the black puffy one but I'm wondering if it was a Christmas gift so he has a strong connection to it and feels it will bring him luck so I'm fine with that.
It will be interesting to see what he wears as the weather is getting milder and a big coat is no longer required.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here