Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Matchday Announcers

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Can anyone remember a time before Tony Millard at the Goldstone?

Back in the day, early 70s, were teams announced pre match and goalscorers in play?

I can only remember Tony, John Henty, Ron Pavey (?) and occasionally Steve Rooke before John and Paul took the job on at Gillingham.

One of Tony’s finest hours, aside from the York pitch invasion, was in Oct 1980 when prior to the Forest game Alan Minter was a pitch guest, Tony naturally asked him if he followed the Albion to which he replied he was actually a Palace fan, cue the expected reaction. 🙈

A great boxer but no loss to the diplomatic corps 😂

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Can anyone remember a time before Tony Millard at the Goldstone?

Back in the day, early 70s, were teams announced pre match and goalscorers in play?

I can only remember Tony, John Henty, Ron Pavey (?) and occasionally Steve Rooke before John and Paul took the job on at Gillingham.

One of Tony’s finest hours, aside from the York pitch invasion, was in Oct 1980 when prior to the Forest game Alan Minter was a pitch guest, Tony naturally asked him if he followed the Albion to which he replied he was actually a Palace fan, cue the expected reaction. ��

A great boxer but no loss to the diplomatic corps ��

Well what more do you expect from a Crawleyite? Probably taken a few too many blows to the head to realise the clubs were great rivals.

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
I I remember throwing nigel on the pitch to start the Mansfield pitch invasion. Bushfire is the biggest announcer of them all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here