Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] VAT returns

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just sent mine in for Dec, Jan & Feb. I owe £67.64. Fair to say this is a heck of a lot less than normal and based only on takings as I've spent nothing in the past few months. It will be the same shortly for my tax return with only 20 weeks out of 52 when I've been working.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is the news we've all been waiting for.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am not really up on the day to day reporting of VAT.

Does anyone know how SEISS payments are to be treated for VAT Registered S.Emp people. Are they regarded as " Zero Rated " ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's outside the scope so can be ignored

Although the SEISS grant is treated as trading income and so IS liable to income tax and Class 4 National Insurance.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Although the SEISS grant is treated as trading income and so IS liable to income tax and Class 4 National Insurance.

Thanks . Yeh I knew it was taxable and NICable. I just wondered about its impact on VAT as I don't do much of the day to day admin issues on these things any more and most of my clients " Touring " stopped and not all of their Royalties alone keep them above VAT thresholds but Royalties plus SEISS payments might do.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I deregistered for VAT last month.

Very happy to have completed my last VAT return especially as from Apr-22? HMRC are insisting on digital-only VAT returns that must come from an approved accounting package [not Excel]

Blinkers

Jul 8, 2020
I deregistered for VAT last month.

Very happy to have completed my last VAT return especially as from Apr-22? HMRC are insisting on digital-only VAT returns that must come from an approved accounting package [not Excel]

I use VitalTax which have an approved HMRC Excel add-in to electronically submit returns. They also have a free Excel template if you want, which is customisable. The first year was free and £12/year after. Takes 5 minutes to submit my flat rate returns each quarter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here