Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tyrone Mings

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Pleasing to see the England knockers out in force.

Last tournament - Semi finals

Euros - genuine chance

Hope they stay away if something special happens in the summer

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Certainly is...

NINTCHDBPICT000412591833.jpg

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Euros - genuine chance

Hmm. Got lucky at the WC, barely got past Colombia. Lost as soon as we played a half decent team. Found out tactically against Croatia's ageing midfield. Southgate just isn't good enough to coach at this level.

Euro's? Eight other teams will feel they have a genuine chance. Southgate is out of his depth.

Quarter finals at the very best I'm afraid.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
He's shit, isn't he? Mings, I mean, not White. Or Dunk.

It is an ongoing mystery to me why he's consistently picked. It can't be purely because he's left footed can it?

If Southgate is looking for defenders who look good on the left side of central defence then Adam Webster should be a no-brainer when he's fit. I know he is right footed but I reckon his left foot is still better than Mings'

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Mings partner at Villa - Ezri Konsa - is a much, much better player than him. If Southgate insists on picking Villa players, he should have gone with him.

Oh what could have been!

We of course supposedly had a large bid accepted for him in 2018 before he went to Brentford...

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Euros - genuine chance

I started this thread because I want England to do well, with Mings there, I'm worried we won't! He should be nowhere near the squad, I also find it surprising that Dier is there.

Whilst we're miles behind Portugal and France still so won't win it, we've definitely got a great chance of getting to the semi's and maybe the final. I hope we make Foden an integral part of the team now as that will give us a great chance, the boy is special.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
TAA's performances haven't been good enough for selection says Southgate, whilst still picking Kyle Walker, who, despite playing alongside the season's best CB pairing, is still one of the few English right backs rated lower than him on performances this season.

Good to see Eric Dier and Conor Coady, currently rated as the 23rd & 36th best performing English Centre Backs playing in this year's Premier League: https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/2...erStatistics/England-Premier-League-2020-2021 being picked on merit too.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lingard "buzzin'" to be recalled for England after 21 month absence.

That brace he got on his Hammers debut certainly helped. That was in front of Gareth Southgate against - yep, you've guessed it - Aston Villa.

Eric Dier can't even get a start ahead of error-prone Davison Sanchez either.

This is blind loyalty.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't bother watching England anymore shame as I think the country has some quite good players not world beaters but quite good unfortunately Southgate either doesn't pick them centre backs and keepers are prime examples

You can't simply blame Southgate for England's lack of success though, with the odd exception, Bobby Robson and, l hate to say it, Terry Venables perhaps? our performances have been pretty dire when it really matters.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Dier at centre back is ludicrous. Dunk, Webster, White and, indeed, Burn are all better at centre back

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Dier at centre back is ludicrous. Dunk, Webster, White and, indeed, Burn are all better at centre back

Burn has barely played there for us. Difficult to judge how good a centre back he is. I could tell you how good a left back he is

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Hard to argue with what you say, come to that l don't think that Dier in his established position in midfield is all that either. I can certainly think of better options there.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

It's beyond a piss take now.

Dunk, White and Webster are all much better than, not just Dier, but also Mings and Coady. The squad is an insult to decent, talented professionals like our centre backs.

It's ridiculous he's not being questioned more about his selections. Because he's a nice guy and chummy with the press he gets away with it. Did you hear Henry Winter on Albion Unlimited this week fawning over Southgate?! Sickening. Winter is a bright guy but he's been totally sucked in by him.

His comments about TAA are a joke. His comments and selections since he's been in the job are not consistent, he doesn't pick on form. Like most England managers before him, he has his favourites (players, clubs and u21's) and will just stick with them, regardless of form.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Anyone who wanted to see Dunk in that squad needs their head tested.
IMAGINE losing Dunk at the moment if he got injured.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hard to argue with what you say, come to that l don't think that Dier in his established position in midfield is all that either. I can certainly think of better options there.

White?

Mings was so so poor at the Amex, overshadowed by all of our defenders. He speaks well but is a donkey compared to the composure of our 4 centre backs (yes, even Burn).

The selection of Dier is just a complete and utter joke, what has he got on Southgate? I just can’t understand how an average Spurs bench warmer can jump ahead of some outstanding talent elsewhere in the EPL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here