Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tyrone Mings

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
lost interest years ago in international football, Southgate reaffirms this every time he announces a squad.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Southgate’s love of his ex club Villa has also meant he’s picked Watkins who has looked like a Championship striker every time I’ve seen him this season.

It’s a shame England aren’t playing anyone good in this international break as it would be good to see them get an absolute pasting.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
lost interest years ago in international football, Southgate reaffirms this every time he announces a squad.

Yep, although my disenchantment in international football goes back way before Southgate's time. With one notable exception England have flattered to deceive in almost every competition going.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great to see Villa striker Ollie Watkins and former Villa keeper Sam Johnstone in the squad. Up the Villa!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Southgate’s love of his ex club Villa has also meant he’s picked Watkins who has looked like a Championship striker every time
I’ve seen him this season.

It’s a shame England aren’t playing anyone good in this international break as it would be good to see them get an absolute pasting.

On the contrary, l like Ollie Watkins, for me his performances, and goals, are a major reason why Villa have improved so much this season. A shame he isn't an Albion player.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Make no mistake, these three games coming up will be gash.

The Euros should be good and we'll be competitive though

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
On the contrary, l like Ollie Watkins, for me his performances, and goals, are a major reason why Villa have improved so much this season. A shame he isn't an Albion player.

Watkins is older than Maupay and hasn’t looked any better than him to me. He was completely outclassed by Dunk when we played them off the park at the Amex.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I don't bother watching England anymore shame as I think the country has some quite good players not world beaters but quite good unfortunately Southgate either doesn't pick them centre backs and keepers are prime examples

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So comedy isn't in crisis, after all.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Watkins a decent PL forward. A long way off international quality though.

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
Ridiculous selections again from Southgate but did anyone really expect him to pick any of our lot?

If Barry Bennell played for Villa even he'd be in the squad.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
None of our players will ever get picked by Southgate due to his grudge over Ashworth. It’s probably not a bad thing as they get a good rest before the United game.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It continues to be an astonishing decision, if not borderline insulting that Dunk is overlooked in preference of Mings, Dier (as a CB), Coady and Keane (usually).

I can honestly say I wouldn’t swap Lewis for any of these guys. Now I suppose the argument is “duh, you would say that he’s at you’re club”. True, but then so is Webster and Burn and I still rate Dunky above all of them.

And even then, why not even give him a chance in the squad? He’s obviously an incredible pro, utterly professional attitude and trainer. Brave, talented on the ball and passing, in the best years of his career. Weird.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
And what about Ben White by the way?

Ben's only chance of making the squad is getting a girlfriend called Aston and moving into a villa.

Failing that, he could try the more expensive option of dating Krystal and moving into a palace.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben's only chance of making the squad is getting a girlfriend called Aston and moving into a villa.

Failing that, he could try the more expensive option of dating Krystal and moving into a palace.

I mean, would anyone here honestly swap Dunky or Ben White for Mings?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here