Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What i want

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
From those mad days at Withdean this is what i've wanted from Tony Bloom and the club.
i want a club that cares, investing time and money into, youth, community, ladies teams, men's teams, fans experience.
i want to have managers that fit the brief, Poyet, Hughton and now Potter.
i want to see players coming through from the academy.
i want to see trying to play a good style of positive football.
i want to see a club that in dark times , does the right thing i.e. pandenic - help the NHS and look after our own staff etc.
Year on year i am so proud of our club and it's development.
I'm glad that we have got to where we are without chucking shit loads of money at it 'ala' Aston Villa, Fulham, Chelsea, Man City + Utd.
What's left for me to 'want'.
Not a lot really. I guess in game time i would like us to improve on, 1, finishing off the high amount of scoring situations we create better.
2, game management and 3, better use of substitutions. And by the way the things i've said i'd like us to improve on are only slight improvements.
I genuinely think we are close to being the mid-table team the club want us to be!!
To finish i have pretty much got 'what i wanted'!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
And wind back only 10 years further i'd have told you that all I wanted was a club to support .... and if I could ask for one luxury it would be that it was in the same county and that I wouldn't forever have to get to Conway Street at 10:30am, to get to a home game.

We're lucky

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What I want is world peace and an end to child and animal exploitation.

Each to their own.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
From those mad days at Withdean this is what i've wanted from Tony Bloom and the club.
i want a club that cares, investing time and money into, youth, community, ladies teams, men's teams, fans experience.
i want to have managers that fit the brief, Poyet, Hughton and now Potter.
i want to see players coming through from the academy.
i want to see trying to play a good style of positive football.
i want to see a club that in dark times , does the right thing i.e. pandenic - help the NHS and look after our own staff etc.
Year on year i am so proud of our club and it's development.
I'm glad that we have got to where we are without chucking shit loads of money at it 'ala' Aston Villa, Fulham, Chelsea, Man City + Utd.
What's left for me to 'want'.
Not a lot really. I guess in game time i would like us to improve on, 1, finishing off the high amount of scoring situations we create better.
2, game management and 3, better use of substitutions. And by the way the things i've said i'd like us to improve on are only slight improvements.
I genuinely think we are close to being the mid-table team the club want us to be!!
To finish i have pretty much got 'what i wanted'!

Yeah....but apart from that, what has Tony Bloom ever done for us...??

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
What I want is world peace and an end to child and animal exploitation.

Each to their own.

Yes, Yes, but first we need to sort out this bottle top issue, find a way of bringing back thermos flasks and finally order some chip forks.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ll tell you what I want, what I really really want

Some other time....

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I also want a maybe unspoken target to win the League or FA cup and therefore provide not only our second only major silverware but our first foray into Europe.

I’d much rather get it that way than a top 7 league finish.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All I have ever wanted is a ****ing coat rail.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Joke Du Seventies:

One year just before Christmas, a disc jockey on a local radio station in Washington DC decided that it would be a nice idea to phone up the ambassadors from various countries in the US capital and ask them what they were asking for for Christmas.

Christmas morning came around, and the DJ was on the air doing his show: “We called the French ambassador, and he said his Christmas wish is for peace and goodwill to all men. The Chinese ambassador, he wants an end to hunger and disease throughout the world. The British ambassador wants aftershave and slippers.”

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I want Waitrose in Rustington to stock Wrigley's Extra Refreshers Tropical MIst flavour chewing but I just went and they don't, so I had to get bloody bubblemint and I didn't want bloody bubblemint, I wanted Tropical ****ing Mist. :tantrum:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013

Wait...you're proud of this because we haven't chucked a load of money at it? Or do you mean, you're proud we haven't resorted to £40million gambles on strikers (£20 million is quite enough thank you)?

Our hugely generous chairman pays for a state of the art stadium, training ground, a CEO earning millions a year, a Premier League playing squad featuring a host of Internationals, an academy filled up by players of great potential signed from all arounsd the world (some of which cost millions) all while covering losses the club makes year after year after year?

Be thankful for Tony Bloom. It's all because of what and who he chooses to spend his billions on. We are the lucky ones

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Joke Du Seventies:

One year just before Christmas, a disc jockey on a local radio station in Washington DC decided that it would be a nice idea to phone up the ambassadors from various countries in the US capital and ask them what they were asking for for Christmas.

Christmas morning came around, and the DJ was on the air doing his show: “We called the French ambassador, and he said his Christmas wish is for peace and goodwill to all men. The Chinese ambassador, he wants an end to hunger and disease throughout the world. The British ambassador wants aftershave and slippers.”

Well the pragmatism of the British Ambassador encourages me in this instance and so the joke doesn’t work because of it. He has realistic aims and goals and doesn’t just tick the sound bite columns.

Ps what colour was the DJ ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here