Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anybody Else Watching our Women in Action?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We could go 6th if we win this.

A remarkable turnaround from 1 win in 11 to 3 (and now possibly 4) wins in a row.

To think that we are higher in the league than Spurs, West Ham, Villa and Liverpool is incredible - well done the club.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Could be four straight wins since they signed Emma Koivisto in the beginning of February. One of the best players in the league that won Damallsvenskan (the Swedish league, one of the best in Europe). Not seen her in action for Brighton as streams are hard to find but could imagine she contributed to the improved results.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We could go 6th if we win this.

A remarkable turnaround from 1 win in 11 to 3 (and now possibly 4) wins in a row.

To think that we are higher in the league than Spurs, West Ham, Villa and Liverpool is incredible - well done the club.

Liverpool aren’t even in the same league, they got relegated last season - they are in Tier 2 (championship). Playing Lewes in a couple of weeks (they drew 2-2 in the reverse fixture)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Liverpool aren’t even in the same league, they got relegated last season - they are in Tier 2 (championship). Playing Lewes in a couple of weeks (they drew 2-2 in the reverse fixture)

I know. My point - that I didn't make very well - is we are higher than several big clubs who have had longer at the women's game than us relative newcomers. The 5 above us are Citeh, Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Everton.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know. My point - that I didn't make very well - is we are higher than several big clubs who have had longer at the women's game than us relative newcomers. The 5 above us are Citeh, Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Everton.

Fair point. Funding is as massive an issue in the women’s game as it is in the mens - huge disparity in how much the squads are funded. WSL are all full time, championship are a mix.......

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Looks like our Tony's ambition of having our Women as a top-four club and the men as a top-ten club, is almost half-way there?!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here