• Molineux

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
No particular criteria - just your personal favourite.

Is it something old? (Selhurst)
Or something new? (Ethiad)
Something borrowed? (The London Stadium)
Or something blue? (The Amex, obvs)

Personally, I've always like St James Park, for it's city centre location, great sense of football tradition - plus Newcastle is just a great place for an adventure.

Naturally, a poll is to follow; but stick with me whilst I type in all 20 options...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No particular criteria - just your personal favourite.

Is it something old? (Selhurst)
Or something new? (Ethiad)
Something borrowed? (The London Stadium)
Or something blue? (The Amex, obvs)

Personally, I've always like St James Park, for it's city centre location, great sense of football tradition - plus Newcastle is just a great place for an adventure.

Naturally, a poll is to follow; but stick with me whilst I type in all 20 options...

Have you been, sitting in the sky no thanks, added to which built on a hill, stupid slope for a top ground.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Apart from our ground obviously it has to be Villa Park. Stunning architecture and history, atmosphere and view inside the ground.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There’ll be a collective NSC love-in for Craven Cottage. Famous wins eg the Dunk game, help the fond memories.

Ignoring cramped seating and sardine can concourses, I like Anfield especially since the redevelopment, also the city centre stadia of SJP and Molyneux.

Selhurst is a rusting cesspit of a ground, capped by the cringy and tiny :lolol:exec:lolol: boxes end.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There's nowhere I'd rather be in football ground terms than the Amex. Craven Cottage is indeed my favourite away day. though a weekender in Manchester with the boys when we're away at OT is great too. Last time we met Cristiano Ronaldo's translator from when he first joined United. The translator was a City fan :lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes. Yes I have.

Youve been really grumpy lately :shrug:

Sorry but love Newcastle the place but the ground no.

There's a lot of grounds that due to the history are regarded by the media as great stadiums but these people have never sat in the normal seats, too often these are cramped and poor view.

Leeds, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Everton (really poor), Newcastle, Palace, West Ham all have poor facilities.

Etihad is the best.

Sorry for being grumpy actually didn't think I have been for the last 10 days or so, :down:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sorry but love Newcastle the place but the ground no.

There's a lot of grounds that due to the history are regarded by the media as great stadiums but these people have never sat in the normal seats, too often these are cramped and poor view.

Leeds, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Everton (really poor), Newcastle, Palace, West Ham all have poor facilities.

Etihad is the best.

Sorry for being grumpy actually didn't think I have been for the last 10 days or so, :down:

Go and collect some firewood, Pilters. You’ll be a new man!

(100% agree with you on Everton though. Shocking.)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Two shocking spelling errors in those stadium names :smile:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Go and collect some firewood, Pilters. You’ll be a new man!

(100% agree with you on Everton though. Shocking.)

Having a teams call today has cheered me up. Three hours of talking to people about beer, nice little question and answer session, imparting all my knowledge done me the world of good.

Nothing like mashing the malt, fuggles hops and fermentation and drink

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Selhurst is a rusting cesspit of a ground, capped by the cringy and tiny :lolol:exec:lolol: boxes end.

That’s my kind of ground, and yes it’s severely lacking in facilities compared to a modern football stadium. But so what?

Set in the middle of a residential area, loads of alternative places to eat and drink away from the ground. I actually go to watch a game of football, I couldn’t give a stuff for the quality of the food and drink served at a football ground, it’s not why I go to a game.

Obviously I’m a dying breed, even my bloody eldest, can’t go 90 minutes without stuffing his face with crap food. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here