Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Oscar Mingueza

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
So then.
Sport Witness mention we're trying to sneak in before he renews his Barca contract.
Probably nothing but just throwing it out there

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Naturally we are wanting to find another centre back. We are very short in that department.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
His stats and highlight reel are impressive and you'd expect Barcelona to be anxious to keep him.

However, they have been strongly linked with Eric Garcia and Hector Bellerin in the CB/RB positions that Mingueza has filled, so there could be another 'Tariq Lamptey'-type situation for the Albion to exploit.

He would be a good option if the club were intent on cashing in on Ben White.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Given no one else has bothered;

He's a 6ft CB/RB, who can also play LB.

Played 20 times for actual Barcelona (ie not just Bs or U23s) so must be half decent.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Given no one else has bothered;

He's a 6ft CB/RB, who can also play LB.

Played 20 times for actual Barcelona (ie not just Bs or U23s) so must be half decent.

So, half as good as Montoya is that what you're saying? :)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
21 yrs old, scored his first goal for Barca the other day too.

Seems like he’d be incredible business. Have to say though I’d be surprised if we got a Barca youngster who has broken into their team.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Naturally we are wanting to find another centre back. We are very short in that department.

With Webster out injured and Lamptey/March out too, it turns out that we're actually much closer to being "short" in that department than perhaps anyone expected. A lot of our issues have stemmed from having to play all of our remaining defenders in semi-matched positions since the injuries took place.

Would a Barcelona player that's capable of playing across the back 4 be an upgrade on BDB? Likely, yes. To use a watch analogy, would you not take a free rolex just because you already have 4 Swatches and a Casio?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If (huge if) this is true ....

Where does this leave the small army of CB's we currently have on loan. Clarke, Ostigard, Van Hecke, Roberts. I suppose still on loan is the answer.

We can't just collect players forever, we'd have to be letting some of these go

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If (huge if) this is true ....

Where does this leave the small army of CB's we currently have on loan. Clarke, Ostigard, Van Hecke, Roberts. I suppose still on loan is the answer.

We can't just collect players forever, we'd have to be letting some of these go

Of those four, Clarke and Ostigard ought to be looking at being part of our first team squad (25) for next season; if they don't make it then, I suspect we ought to sell them. The other two need to go out on loan, ideally at a higher level than currently.
In terms of CB, I think we'll sell White in the summer. That leaves in order of priority: 1= Dunk & Webster, 3 Veltman, and then I'd see Burn, Clarke and Ostigard vying it out for the next 3 slots. You might say that 6 CBs is too many but at least two (Veltman and Burn) can play in other defensive positions and, if we're going to largely use a back 3, you need 6 or at a push 5.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sanchez going the other way?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here