Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Barrymore pool death

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Glad that justice will prevail, but Barrymore is still a **** :lolol:

All those involved need closure on this and, if Barrymore is cleared beyond reasonable doubt, he has suffered immensely by association for two decades. Before he went off the rails, he was hilariously funny in 'different times'. Whether he could have rebuilt his career after his very public problems is another matter.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
All those involved need closure on this and, if Barrymore is cleared beyond reasonable doubt, he has suffered immensely by association for two decades. Before he went off the rails, he was hilariously funny in 'different times'. Whether he could have rebuilt his career after his very public problems is another matter.

Not going to comment on his involvement in this case but having never seen anything he did before with the exception of a couple of episodes of that game show he did, I saw him on celebrity big brother some years ago. What a vile man. I don't think I've ever seen anyone behaving quite so deplorably to other people on that show before, and that is saying something considering the caliber of mentally defective, ****ed up, no-marks that make up the Celebrity Big Brother alumni.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Not going to comment on his involvement in this case but having never seen anything he did before with the exception of a couple of episodes of that game show he did, I saw him on celebrity big brother some years ago. What a vile man. I don't think I've ever seen anyone behaving quite so deplorably to other people on that show before, and that is saying something considering the caliber of mentally defective, ****ed up, no-marks that make up the Celebrity Big Brother alumni.

He did an awful lot for charity though :angel::salute:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Can't be that hard to work out who it is as their was only 8 people there and its not Barrymore.

And two were teenagers at the time, another a woman... down to 4 without even trying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
And two were teenagers at the time, another a woman... down to 4 without even trying...

And three of them can't swim...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Hilariously funny? really? Not to me l'm afraid, although l realise that obviously everbodys sense of humour is different.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Nobody is going to argue about his behaviour after he fell from grace. But the stuff you didn't watch were his halcyon days.

Hilariously funny? really? Not to me l'm afraid, although l realise that obviously everbodys sense of humour is different.
Depends when you first saw him. During the 80's and early 90's he was a very popular comedian and entertainer, widely regarded outside Cowfold as hilariously funny. Nearly 20m viewers per week weren't wrong and you don't do Royal Variety performances without being seriously good. He was a superstar. But he had a helluva fall from grace.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Nobody is going to argue about his behaviour after he fell from grace. But the stuff you didn't watch were his halcyon days.

Depends when you first saw him. During the 80's and early 90's he was a very popular comedian and entertainer, widely regarded outside Cowfold as hilariously funny. Nearly 20m viewers per week weren't wrong and you don't do Royal Variety performances without being seriously good. He was a superstar. But he had a helluva fall from grace.

The little I saw of him was deeply, deeply unfunny. But as you say people liked him. But to quote Peep Show; "People listen to Coldplay and voted for Hitler" :)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Depends when you first saw him. During the 80's and early 90's he was a very popular comedian and entertainer, widely regarded outside Cowfold as hilariously funny. Nearly 20m viewers per week weren't wrong and you don't do Royal Variety performances without being seriously good. He was a superstar. But he had a helluva fall from grace.[/QUOTE]

I don't doubt that what you say is true, and yes l do remember his halcyon days as you put it, but humour is a very personal thing, and we are all different. It isn't a matter of right or wrong..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here