Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moving out of family stand - where to go?

SpongebobSquarepants

Jun 16, 2006
Sunny Worthing
As my son is now 18 we need to migrate to another area. We had great seats in back row but my son hated it in last couple of years due to lack of passion and people leaving early!

He obviously wants to go in North but not sure the thought of standing up all game appeals (although do that at away games!). Don’t really like being behind goal either.

Any other places to recommend or avoid?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
As my son is now 18 we need to migrate to another area. We had great seats in back row but my son hated it in last couple of years due to lack of passion and people leaving early!

He obviously wants to go in North but not sure the thought of standing up all game appeals (although do that at away games!). Don’t really like being behind goal either.

Only back 10 rows or so in the NS stand all game

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Directly opposite where you were. West stand upper, block H. Great view, a bit of atmosphere, right next to the north and (inexplicably) the cheapest seats in the house.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
West Stand Upper, been there from day 1 at the Amex, I’m in the 4th row North end of stand.
I’ve watched a few cup games from the North Stand but definitely prefer WSU, I love climbing the steps before a match :)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
There is a little raised bit of stand in the SW corner, not the shelf, which I reckon gives one of the best views in the stadium. You can also hear the away fans there so it’s quite good for a bit of to and fro. The Albion fans in that area seem kind of up for it.

I’ve sat/stood in most areas of the stadium being a non-season ticket holder and that was my favourite. We’re all after something different though.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I’m about 3 or 4 years behind you I reckon, my boys are 12 and 10 and my 12 yo is making noises about the north stand already, no chance I’m getting that past their mum yet!!! I’ve got my eye on WSU too as I like the north now and again but I prefer being down the side of the pitch now, old age kicking in!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Everyone wants passion but ain’t prepared to help generate it themselves. The north will surprise you, plenty of people in there who don’t join in and even get annoyed at people shouting. If you bring a flag, god help you. People will complain. Because they can. And do. Believe me, been on the end of it especially bringing a couple of big ones. You’d be amazed. Not quite as bad as prawn sandwich areas but not that far behind!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
We did a few match by match seats in the south next to the awayers. That was a laugh.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
West Stand Upper, been there from day 1 at the Amex, I’m in the 4th row North end of stand.
I’ve watched a few cup games from the North Stand but definitely prefer WSU, I love climbing the steps before a match :)

Good atmosphere that north end I’ve heard :clap2::) Few lads not afraid to have a sing song???

So yeh - my vote WSU north end OP - but you have to sing along and get involved. Real passionate old school fans on the whole up there who appreciate the Albion having watched them when we were shit. Few lads at the back of H who always continue GOSBTS at start of 2nd half - can be proper bouncing in that end of WSU - lots of passion. Only outdone by the north who are usually very loud - particularly West end. God pls get me back to football in August properly - please please please.

First game back will be a big piss up in that WSU concourse from start to end - [MENTION=28056]bn9 bha[/MENTION] had better join me for a few :shrug: Love this club - miss that magnificent stadium we campaigned for guys.... ahhhhh Sheebo’d on a Tuesday night :lol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m about 3 or 4 years behind you I reckon, my boys are 12 and 10 and my 12 yo is making noises about the north stand already, no chance I’m getting that past their mum yet!!! I’ve got my eye on WSU too as I like the north now and again but I prefer being down the side of the pitch now, old age kicking in!

I’m about 3 or 4 years from making the opposite journey from the WSU to the family stand as my two boys should be ready for season tickets by then. I took my 4 year old to a few games in 2019 and he wasn’t quite there in terms of enthusiasm or sticking power and got bored quickly but then started getting upset when I didn’t take him to other matches; a few more years and I’ll have him hooked!

Anyway, I absolutely love the WSU and the group of fans who sit around me so it’s going to be a massive sacrifice but two more obsessed fans this club must have. It might be my seat you take and vice verse!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m about 3 or 4 years from making the opposite journey from the WSU to the family stand as my two boys should be ready for season tickets by then. I took my 4 year old to a few games in 2019 and he wasn’t quite there in terms of enthusiasm or sticking power and got bored quickly but then started getting upset when I didn’t take him to other matches; a few more years and I’ll have him hooked!

Anyway, I absolutely love the WSU and the group of fans who sit around me so it’s going to be a massive sacrifice but two more obsessed fans this club must have. It might be my seat you take and vice verse!

What block are you bud?

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Everyone wants passion but ain’t prepared to help generate it themselves. The north will surprise you, plenty of people in there who don’t join in and even get annoyed at people shouting. If you bring a flag, god help you. People will complain. Because they can. And do. Believe me, been on the end of it especially bringing a couple of big ones. You’d be amazed. Not quite as bad as prawn sandwich areas but not that far behind!

This. I've not been able to get to many games at The Amex but when I have I've been really disappointed with the NS. I didn't take a flag but was really surprised with the amount of people who just sit there not getting involved, giving the stink eye to those who are. Lame.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

The best thing I did a few years ago (last Champ season) was move from the West Lower, where getting a little excited by standing or chanting was met with toting and head shakes, to the North, Row O, west side.
The atmosphere is remarkably better and the games more enjoyable as a result. (It hasn’t seemed to improved the results though!)
Where I sit seems to be the ideal place, where people behind mostly stand all game and people in front tend to sort for long periods, with a few exceptions.

I enjoy being behind the goal more too, it can be difficult to see exactly what happens at the other end, but the sight and sound of the ball ripping into the net in front of you cannot be beaten. We also tended to score more in the second half when attacking the North as well. It certainly seemed that way!!

golddene

Jul 28, 2012

Went up there one game a couple of years ago, not the fittest older guy and it nearly killed me, the view is great much like all west stand but definitely prefer west lower without the mountaineering.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Went up there one game a couple of years ago, not the fittest older guy and it nearly killed me, the view is great much like all west stand but definitely prefer west lower without the mountaineering.

I have seen some people really struggling with the steps, I will be happy if I can still climb them in 10 years time. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here