Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cheltenham

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Can’t see a thread on it so please delete if there is one.
I’m trying to get a bet on on how many horses die this year a bit like the more than 2.5 goal spread type bet.
Can’t find one anywhere but want to go more that 3.5 this year.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Tasteful.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There was 7 in 2019 but only one last year.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Any idea of the odds of Dunk getting early onset dementia from scoring from corners?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It's a shame no crowds means there's betting market for the number of 'professional footballers caught on camera urinating into pint glasses' this year.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I’m trying to get a bet on on how many horses die this year a bit like the more than 2.5 goal spread type bet.

Really?
Why not do an accumulator with how many rescue dogs get put down in March coz nobody wants them [the Christmas clear out] + number of kids getting knocked down walking to school in March?

FFS :nono:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
T'is a slightly weird/sick bet i agree.....

It’s not a bet you fruitcakes... Christ you must know me by now. I’m highlighting what a cruel sport National Hunt is. There is on average a death every other day in Britain and Ireland over the jumps. Nearly 200 in 2019.

I love the flat and I know horses can be injured during that but it’s rare. Why the f.uck are they made to jump these huge fences and come down like they do.

I don’t bet on it........ And that’s the only reason it exists.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Can you do a double with how many people are photographed sitting on them?

And if there was ever a picture that painted a thousand words about the industry then that was it.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It’s not a bet you fruitcakes... Christ you must know me by now. I’m highlighting what a cruel sport National Hunt is. There is on average a death every other day in Britain and Ireland over the jumps. Nearly 200 in 2019.

I love the flat and I know horses can be injured during that but it’s rare. Why the f.uck are they made to jump these huge fences and come down like they do.

I don’t bet on it........ And that’s the only reason it exists.

Snap, flat only man, love Newmarket and York meetings, never liked the jumps.

As you were :thumbsup:

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I have always said that horse racing is fine on one condition , if the horse has to be put down so does the owner the trainer and the jockey . That way everyone takes the same risk , if you don`t want to die don`t put the horse at risk , unbelievably F*****g simple . It`s a true sign of what a shite species we are that would take pleasure from the suffering of animals . Humans on the other hand , have a sport and kill as many as you like , they wont be missed , certainly by the horses .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have always said that horse racing is fine on one condition , if the horse has to be put down so does the owner the trainer and the jockey . That way everyone takes the same risk , if you don`t want to die don`t put the horse at risk , unbelievably F*****g simple . It`s a true sign of what a shite species we are that would take pleasure from the suffering of animals . Humans on the other hand , have a sport and kill as many as you like , they wont be missed , certainly by the horses .

You just got a round of applause from Mrs T when I read out your post.

Also, apologies to [MENTION=5306]Questions[/MENTION] for being whoosed somewhat by the opening stanza....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Any idea of the odds of Dunk getting early onset dementia from scoring from corners?
Surely Early Onset Dementia from scoring from a corner requires considerable repetition? Rather than 10 in 135 games...?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It's a wierd concept of 'sport' when it exists soley to serve the betting industry.

If, hyperthetically, betting on horses was banned, how long would the sport last? 6 weeks?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's a wierd concept of 'sport' when it exists soley to serve the betting industry.

If, hyperthetically, betting on horses was banned, how long would the sport last? 6 weeks?
Indeed, it's a business,it does as all businesses do, it exploits.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

At this time of year what with Cheltenham and Aintree, i keep a very close eye on my shares in Bostick.
Just after Bechers Brook is usually a good time to sell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here