Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not about blood clots - have you had side effects from AstraZeneca vaccine?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Had the AZ jab in March. Felt a bit rubbish the next day [similar to a hangover], no major problems and was sorted after a day.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Very glad to see that most of you have short-term, mild or even no side effects :thumbsup:

My other half is still suffering with side effects 10 weeks after her first jab :nono: Doctor has finally done some blood tests which show something with her white blood cells which indicate either an infection or some sort of allergic response so they're going to repeat them in a few weeks to see how they change. Very frustrating for her to be ill for so long and still not to know why or whether it will get better...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I had my second jab yesterday. Apart from feeling a bit lethargic for 2 hours afterwards, I was fine. I'm now fully vaccinated. :)

jeremy fisher

Sep 20, 2014
9 weeks later and my sore arm hasn't gone away. It seems to have inflamed my whole shoulder which is now very painful.

The pain is gradually getting less as the weeks go on, but it is still not pleasant. I'm about to have my 2nd shot and I'm not quite sure what to do. I don't want to go through this again. When I saw the doctor he just passed it off as nothing - but that's not what it feels like.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Very glad to see that most of you have short-term, mild or even no side effects :thumbsup:

My other half is still suffering with side effects 10 weeks after her first jab :nono: Doctor has finally done some blood tests which show something with her white blood cells which indicate either an infection or some sort of allergic response so they're going to repeat them in a few weeks to see how they change. Very frustrating for her to be ill for so long and still not to know why or whether it will get better...

Sorry to hear that and hope things improve soon.
My wife had similar problems. Symptoms were exhaustion and aching muscles particularly thighs and neck. 2 weeks wait for GP phone consultation. Maybe poly myalgia. 4 week wait for blood tests. 3 week wait for GP to ring to discuss low white blood cells. Says they are just below lower limit and up to her if she has second jab or not!

Probably will have second on Saturday but any setback this time and we’ll be heading to A&E.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
My wife had similar problems. Symptoms were exhaustion and aching muscles particularly thighs and neck. 2 weeks wait for GP phone consultation. Maybe poly myalgia. 4 week wait for blood tests. 3 week wait for GP to ring to discuss low white blood cells. Says they are just below lower limit and up to her if she has second jab or not!

Probably will have second on Saturday but any setback this time and we’ll be heading to A&E.

Always good to share experiences. I had nothing, but as we found out (after a number of weeks) the jab gave the other half a frozen shoulder.

Lots of worry at the start obviously due to the press, then a few visits to doctors, scans and hospital. Now having physio and whilst not 100% better much much improved.

The NHS are catching up with the side effects. Nothing better than hearing, yeah we had someone with the same or being able to tell someone else yep we experienced the same.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011

Sorry to hear about your wife - hope they can get to the bottom of it and help her soon so she starts to feel better. Not helpful advice about the second jab though!

If its of any help in deciding, my wife had her second jab on Friday and other than some fluey symptoms overnight and a mildly sore arm for a couple of days she had no other side-effects from it. Doesn't seem to have cured the fatigue either but that was always a long shot!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
My sister in law is 32, had Pfizer yesterday. Anyway, out at dinner last night she started to feel numbness in her face. When my brother picked her up her face had dropped on one side.

They phoned 111 who called an ambulance straight away, they checked her and all her vitals were fine but they took her in to A & E anyway. Has had various scans and checks and turns out it’s Bells Palsy, apparently this is a Pfizer side effect - about 1 in 1000. Hopefully she’ll be fine but must have been scary at the time for them.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Had me 2nd AZ jab yesterday, only a dead arm similarly when I had the BCG at school, and some gimp used to punch u in the arm...

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
In my case, definitely fewer side effects from the second AZ jag.

First one, I felt flu like and run down for a day or two. Second one, felt a bit ropey for about six hours after, then was fine.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
My sister in law is 32, had Pfizer yesterday. Anyway, out at dinner last night she started to feel numbness in her face. When my brother picked her up her face had dropped on one side.

They phoned 111 who called an ambulance straight away, they checked her and all her vitals were fine but they took her in to A & E anyway. Has had various scans and checks and turns out it’s Bells Palsy, apparently this is a Pfizer side effect - about 1 in 1000. Hopefully she’ll be fine but must have been scary at the time for them.

I had Bells Palsy when I was around the same age, woke up in the morning, took a drink of water and it all ended up on the floor... went and looked in the mirror and whole left side had dropped, thought I had had a stroke or something!

In the end it wasn’t too bad, ended up drinking through a straw and wearing an eye patch for 3 months but fully recovered without any issues, hope your sister in law has a similar outcome.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've had two AZ jabs, no side effects and didn't feel anything except a little prick - so no change!

I felt a huge prick….likewise.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’ve been told by several people that their are less side affects on the second AZ jab , my second one is Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How did you get on? I had my second last Saturday and was totally washed out Sunday...Monday better but legs still felt a bit jellyish

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Had both and no side effects to either.

Apparently a former deputy prime minister has also had the full AZ treatment and they now call him John ‘Two Jabs’ Prescott.

I’ll get my coat shall I?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here