Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not about blood clots - have you had side effects from AstraZeneca vaccine?

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
We finally had some good news this week as my wife is starting to feel better and is able to do more - only taken 18 days... :eek:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
None, except a light soreness in the arm.

It's why I chose to have it on my non sleeping side.

That said, I wonder if it means I'll get a hit on the second dose. No chickens being counted.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Had it yesterday. Fine till I went to bed, but then non stop shivering and joints aching and unable to sleep .
Got the start of a rash coming up to all over .
I had Covid last October and I felt the same then as last night , but hope it goes a lot quicker than in October when I was ill for 3 weeks

I have heard that it is more likely for people to have side effects if they have had covid. It's therefore possible that people who have bad side effects may have had covid but have been asymptomatic

Harmyar

Mar 24, 2021
I had a slight cough when I had covid and no other symptoms, and exactly the same when I had the jab, strange how it affects some more than others

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Had my OAZ this Tuesday.

Since I’ve felt cold with a slightly sore throat, both still over 2 days later.

My medical practitioner wife tells me some side effects are good, to show the vaccine is working to produce antibodies.

That’s it. Not tired, sleeping well, no arm pain or soreness.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Nothing for 24 hours. Then severe shaking and shivering - retreated to curling up under a blanket in front of the stove and having sort of pulsating shaking on and off for about three hours. No headache, temperature, or anything else. Large glass of whisky, bed - and fine in the morning. Although I did have a nap for an hour this afternoon, which isn't normal.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Had my OAZ this Tuesday.

Since I’ve felt cold with a slightly sore throat, both still over 2 days later.

My medical practitioner wife tells me some side effects are good, to show the vaccine is working to produce antibodies.

That’s it. Not tired, sleeping well, no arm pain or soreness.

After a week was up, I had slight stomach cramps, which kept me awake, but receded next day :(

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Digressing. With the mainly decent weather recently, is your allotment in full swing?

20210325_220327.jpg

All ready and waiting for ground to warm up.
Growing seeds in polytunnel.
Had our first bbq today, but typical the heavens opened up, I've posted photos on allotment thread :thumbsup:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Had mine on Friday last week. No sore arm but had a blinding headache when I woke up on Saturday morning. Sorted with paracetamol. Was fine by the afternoon so thing I got lucky.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
View attachment 135302

All ready and waiting for ground to warm up.
Growing seeds in polytunnel.
Had our first bbq today, but typical the heavens opened up, I've posted photos on allotment thread :thumbsup:

The BBQ grub looks enticing.

Some perennials in our borders are enjoying the warmer temps.

I was carrying on with a closeboard fencing project, when the rains came.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Other half tick box side effects. Nothing too serious, but shivering, spaced out and feeling generally shit. Asleep for most the afternoon.

Best described as "flu in a day".

Me very much less so, but run down and feeling that very irritability that you get on the edges of a bad cold or before flu.

To put that into context, I had full on flu symptoms three times between November and March last year. So bad I took myself to the Doctors in March then everything else happened of course. Never went back for the results.

We were both completely floored in January and my neighbours (both upstairs and next door) tested "positive" with the very early antibody tests very early in the summer.

We will never know....

Had the flu vaccine for the first time this year and haven't even had a sniffle. I'd forgotten what it felt like to feel "a bit shit" until today.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Had the dose #1, 3:30 Wednesday, yesterday afternoon started feeling a bit like a cold or flu is on it’s way, ache and tired, took paracetamol etc and feel a lot better this morning.

I might add I haven’t had any cold or flu like symptoms since December 2019 [emoji1745]

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Had first dose (AZ) on Tuesday afternoon. Woke up early hours of Wednesday morning with a stinking headache, the shivers and it was very difficult to sleep. I spent most of Wednesday in bed. Best description was that I had a weapons grade hangover. Very unpleasant but in the great scheme of things a minor annoyance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Wife had jab last Saturday. Shivering all night, next day had a fever and spent all day in bed, then felt really tired and aching for 2 days with a bit of dizziness, but that may be because she had been in bed for ages. Feeling better now, but pretty much 4 days of feeling crap. She has read that younger people (middle aged) are reacting worse to the vaccine than the elderly, but that does not make an awful lot of sense to me. The asymptomatic Covid theory would make more sense I suppose. Will be having my jab in the next few days hopefully.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Astra Zeneca. Tiredness for one day but no other side effects. Was told by the people dispensing the vaccinations that the side effects are proportionate with age, i.e. oldest unlikely to get any symptoms while younger people can expect to have more reaction with tiredness and flu like symptoms.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Had the dose #1, 3:30 Wednesday, yesterday afternoon started feeling a bit like a cold or flu is on it’s way, ache and tired, took paracetamol etc and feel a lot better this morning.

I might add I haven’t had any cold or flu like symptoms since December 2019 [emoji1745]

Quick update, feel a whole lot better today, arm a bit sore still but tiredness and flu like symptoms gone.

June 12 I go again.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Had my first yesterday at 9am.

Felt OK throughout the day, left work at 7.30pm and did the half hour drive home. And I had trouble getting out the car. I felt like I've been run over by a lorry and was in bed by 8.15.

Muscle spasms and aching all over throughout the night.

Today I am much the same but add in sweating, arm is very tender.

Feel so shit I'm having my first sick day at work in years. Hope I'll be well enough to get back in tomorrow as no sick pay for work and we got paid early yesterday due to the easter weekend so now I'm in the horrible position of actually owing work money.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Had the AstraZeneca jab last Friday. Saturday was hot and cold and very tired, and sore arm - spent the afternoon in bed. Sunday just tired and sore arm. Fine after that.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Thanks for all the responses! Seems like the normal reaction is just a few days which is what I had too. After initially looking like she was improving my wife is still suffering with fatigue and the headache has now come back (4.5 weeks later) so is going back to the doctor :(

Whilst wouldn't wish the reaction shes had on anyone else, would be nice to know she wasn't alone and/or it does get better with time but haven't yet found anyone with a similar reaction so she really has been unlucky.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here