Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not about blood clots - have you had side effects from AstraZeneca vaccine?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Sorry to hear about your wife - hope they can get to the bottom of it and help her soon so she starts to feel better. Not helpful advice about the second jab though!

If its of any help in deciding, my wife had her second jab on Friday and other than some fluey symptoms overnight and a mildly sore arm for a couple of days she had no other side-effects from it. Doesn't seem to have cured the fatigue either but that was always a long shot!

Hope your wife is feeling well. Thought I’d update on mine. She had second jab 2 weeks ago. No problems till yesterday. Her left calf was swollen by 3cm. Went to A&E where after triage looked at leg she was immediately taken to a “special” section. Doctor took blood test immediately. Blood pressure super high. Then good news came as tests showed no clotting risk. After the GP experience she is much relieved that expert help is available.
If your wife has any more problems I suggest bypassing the GP in her case.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No side effects at all.

That will be right given that I am neither young or healthy...

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Hope your wife is feeling well. Thought I’d update on mine. She had second jab 2 weeks ago. No problems till yesterday. Her left calf was swollen by 3cm. Went to A&E where after triage looked at leg she was immediately taken to a “special” section. Doctor took blood test immediately. Blood pressure super high. Then good news came as tests showed no clotting risk. After the GP experience she is much relieved that expert help is available.
If your wife has any more problems I suggest bypassing the GP in her case.

That must have been very scary - how are you both doing? Have they given her anything for the blood pressure and has her calf started to reduce in size?

My wife is a little better than she has been but still unable to do much without getting fatigued. She has more blood tests this week, and than a GP appointment week after at which point we'll be pushing for a hospital referral. Our fear is that the vaccine has kicked off something like post-viral fatigue/ME which may well be something that we will have to manage forever but fingers crossed it isn't.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Sent pm .

2 weeks of hell and counting from 2nd A/z jab.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Had my second AZ jab today. I had no ill-effects from the first one other than a bit of a dead arm the following day.

However, work knew full well I was on Jab 2 today, so I'm going to play it like a violin tomorrow and WFH, so I don't have to yomp up to HH. Looks like being a laptop / back garden day with the football. Marvellous.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Had my second AZ jab today. I had no ill-effects from the first one other than a bit of a dead arm the following day.

However, work knew full well I was on Jab 2 today, so I'm going to play it like a violin tomorrow and WFH, so I don't have to yomp up to HH. Looks like being a laptop / back garden day with the football. Marvellous.

Don’t get caught down the pub…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It’s two weeks tomorrow since my second AZ and no side affects to report, and I’m assuming tomorrow the vaccine takes full effect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Had my second one yesterday lunchtime. Only very mild side effect is my arm is a bit sore after sleeping on it.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
While my wife saw the GP who is not going to refer her to the Long Covid clinic in the hope that they'll take her as 'thats where all the expertise is' at the moment. No idea how long that might take, and all the information we can find about the clinics are they are mainly about helping you to manage your symptoms. Whilst that will be helpful, we'd really like to find out what is going on so contacted an immunologist consultant at a private hospital and the first appointment for even a virtual consultation is November! :eek: Not a surprise really given that they must all be busy with Covid on top of usual work...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'm assuming not, but has anyone had a bad go on their 2nd Pfizer jab?

Had mine 11 days ago and it seems to be hitting me in waves.
The Night of day 2 I was up all night with the worst headache I've ever had, cold seats and really fast beating heart.
Evey couple of days after that I've been so fatigued I struggle to do anything, it's literally a huge effort just to get up. Luckily I had last week off work so took it easy and slept the best part of 24 hours midweek which sorted me for a few days.

This Monday back to cold sweats when I woke up, was sick, had stomach cramps. Took day off work and slept for most of the day.

Fine yesterday.
Woke up today, huge effort just to move around and tried to work and I can't keep my eyes open, my head feels like it needs propping up just to keep it up!

Might all just be coincidence.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I'm assuming not, but has anyone had a bad go on their 2nd Pfizer jab?

Had mine 11 days ago and it seems to be hitting me in waves.
The Night of day 2 I was up all night with the worst headache I've ever had, cold seats and really fast beating heart.
Evey couple of days after that I've been so fatigued I struggle to do anything, it's literally a huge effort just to get up. Luckily I had last week off work so took it easy and slept the best part of 24 hours midweek which sorted me for a few days.

This Monday back to cold sweats when I woke up, was sick, had stomach cramps. Took day off work and slept for most of the day.

Fine yesterday.
Woke up today, huge effort just to move around and tried to work and I can't keep my eyes open, my head feels like it needs propping up just to keep it up!

Might all just be coincidence.

I hope you feel better soon :) oh yes the old coincidence bit, stock answer I'm afraid. It means they don't know or shut up and get on with it.
When I asked my Doctor ,what do we do next he was very helpful. He said "take a paracetamol" very helpful that one.

Had my second in may bad testicles painful sleeping 12-17 hours a day feeling very fatigued. Had blood tests, antibiotics and awaiting a scan on my privates. The waves thing is also very true. I have improved gradual but it seems every time i think its all ok, it hits me again. I will still be going for the Booster by the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here