Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not about blood clots - have you had side effects from AstraZeneca vaccine?

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Morning all,

Given all the noise about blood clots and AstraZeneca at the moment, its very hard to find out about other side effects and how long they should last.

My wife had the AstraZeneca vaccine 10 days ago and is still not well - she has no energy/needs to have at least one nap a day and go to bed early, has a dull headache most of the time, and is very thirsty.

We've seen reports about other people being ill for a few days, and known of one other family member who was ill for 8 days but can't find out whether anyone else has the same symptoms/length of time so thought I'd ask the good folk of NSC!

We did contact 111 after a week, and they said they wouldn't be concerned until 4 weeks had passed but thats not entirely put our minds at ease.

So, anyone happy to comment about whether they had side effects and how long they lasted?

Thanks,

Z

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I had the vaccine on Friday.

No real side effects - a few minor aches and pains in my joints.

A bit like mild flu with no congestion.

However, after all I've read about many people having side effects, I was expecting them and it may be my mind is almost convincing me I have them. A sort of placebo like effect - it is this expectation that has caused the effect.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
go to GP after a week, you're simply ill at that point.

all vaccines give some effects, the nature of vaccines is to trigger the immune system and that leads to different reactions in different people.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I had it last Wednesday and aside from a bit of a sore arm for a few days I’ve had no side effects. I get a sore arm the flu jab so was expecting it and by Saturday the arm was fine.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We both had the AZ vaccine yesterday.
Shivering, headache, muscle ache, nausea and lack of energy overnight and this morning.
Paracetamol has helped, but otherwise still breathing :thumbsup:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Had the AZ three weeks ago, no problems.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Had the AZ jag last Friday lunchtime. No reaction Friday. Felt tired and heavy legged on Saturday. Much better Sunday - cheered by the lunchtime result. Arm was sore Monday. Today I feel absolutely fine.

My wife had her jag a couple of weeks earlier and she had an almost identical reaction.
I have no concerns about getting the second dose. I'm close to the end of my rope with this half life of lockdowns and restrictions.

Let's Have A Winner!

Apr 23, 2006
Burgess Hill
Had it about 10 days ago, bit of a dead arm for a couple of days with a slight headache and the chills a couple of times on the actual day of the jab but nothing which paracetamol didn't sort out pretty quickly. Pretty much fine by the next day...

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Thanks for all the replies so far - glad none of you have had more than a few days of symptoms if any! Looks like my other half has just got unlucky with having symptoms that go on so long. Hopefully they will go soon! :down:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I got the vaccine lunchtime Saturday.

On Sunday night I felt like my arm was bruised around where I got the jab and lying on it that night felt uncomfortable in the same way it would with a bruise. At some point during Monday that cleared up because it was fine by Monday night.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I felt like I had a cold coming on/achy for about 36 hours afterwards.

D

Deleted member 2719

I had it a few days back and on Day 2 felt like I had been awake for 24 hours, as just felt very tired a few aches, nothing major.

Day 3 I felt like I had slept for 48 hours and was fine.

I am sorry to hear about your wife, could she have caught covid prior to this? I would pester the Dr on this one if I were you.

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
I am sorry to read the OPs post and the experience of your wife and wish a speedy recovery.

I experienced nothing more than a sore arm for a few days at the jab site. wife had a tender back for a couple of days.

Both my Mother & Mother in law advised they were fine as has everyone else I have spoken with who had their jab.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I am sorry to hear about your wife, could she have caught covid prior to this?

We're fairly sure she hasn't had it, though obviously she could've been asymptomatic so we wouldn't have known. We've been extremely careful even since before the very first lockdown as she has asthma so we think if she had caught it she would've been poorly but who knows for sure!

D

Deleted member 2719

We're fairly sure she hasn't had it, though obviously she could've been asymptomatic so we wouldn't have known. We've been extremely careful even since before the very first lockdown as she has asthma so we think if she had caught it she would've been poorly but who knows for sure!

Okay, I am no Dr, but I think those are diabetes symptoms, is she diabetic or could she be?

My small knowledge on this is because my fathers nurse has mentioned these before.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Here's the thing. I had my first jab some days ago. I had an achy arm. That's now gone. But I had lots of sneezing, neck ache, head ache, a degree of lassitude and althogether felt shit.

So did Mrs T and the nipper. From day 1. But they have not been jabbed.

It would be the easiest thing in the world, in my case, to blame it all on the jab.

Like last year I have felt basically shit since November, cough, headaches....so has my pal who watches footy with me. We have been getting seasonal issues for several years. My view is there is some other non-lethal bug around that has gone under the radar.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Me and Mrs Wz had it 3 weeks ago at 9.30 in morning. Mrs Wz said she felt a bit tired and had a paracetamol and an early night. Me, absolutely nothing.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Okay, I am no Dr, but I think those are diabetes symptoms, is she diabetic or could she be?

I did wonder that myself, but shes just spoken to our doctors and they are still completely unconcerned so I guess we'll just have to hope it works itself out. She does seem to have got very unlucky! I've got my first jab on Weds so am hoping I don't have the same reaction!! :eek:

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Sore arm for about a week, shivering overnight, abdominal pain, "funny" throat and generally feeling under the weather for about three days. Ran into my GP while walking on the seafront, and he said my reaction showed the vaccine was working. I suppose he should know. Next one booked for May and I've heard the second one gives you slightly worse side-effects than the first! Oh well.....!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here