Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Big Bob Sanchez

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Well done Sannchez you must be in dream land but it is well deserved. Also well done Potter for giving him the chance.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Has anyone suggested a chant for him yet?

Hopefully 1 will emerge before we are allowed back in to the satdium.

I think it's the 3rd time I've posted this now - the chant HAS to be this... ("Spanish Bob...")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul0uJfhywW8

Edit: perhaps:

Spanish Bob - He's our keeper, he's our hero
[Saves a worldy?]*, then just carries o-oon...

* anything better to sound more like "yo te quiero"...?

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
FIRST DRAFT

Our goal-ie comes from Sunny Spain
Eeees Bob from Espana!

We’ll never lose another f**king game
With Bob from Espana!

He does-n’t play in League One anymore
Now he---'s with the Albion!

And he’ll nev-er let opponents score
It’s Bob-by we adore!

[Was going to be "We kinda liked the Aussie we had before / But it's Booby we adore"]

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
FIRST DRAFT

Our goal-ie comes from Sunny Spain
Eeees Bob from Espana!

We’ll never lose another f**king game
With Bob from Espana!

He does-n’t play in League One anymore
Now he---'s with the Albion!

And he’ll nev-er let opponents score
It’s Bob-by we adore!

:laugh::annoyed:

I've got an ear worm now!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Very please for SBS, utter madness that he was so far down the pecking order at the start of the season, now being called up for Spain. I wonder what his value is looking like right now.

All those threads about our academy and what a waste of time it is are looking a little stupid now.

In fairness they looked stupid then, as well.

I'm sure had this season been normal he'd now be fighting for promotion to the Premier League, instead he's called into the Spanish squad.

Fantastic achievement and fully desired.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I think it's the 3rd time I've posted this now - the chant HAS to be this... ("Spanish Bob...")

Not a lot wrong with keeping the original lyrics, the meaning is true and he would understand it :thumbsup:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

I raise you....
Batmobile with Big Bob
with the lyrics
Big Bobs walking down the street, hes got big strong arms and he can't be beat,

https://youtu.be/Sl_IIDchONY

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yet another tick in the box for Potter for me. Brave, brave decision to drop Ryan and play Sanchez, but his commitment to younger players is paying off.

It would have been so easy for Potter to stick with Ryan as realistically nobody (certainly on here) was to know what an impact BBS was going to have, we all knew Ryan was struggling and we needed a different option but big brass balls for Potter have paid off. I doff my cap.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Maupay is a back up goalkeepers best friend.

Injures Leno - Martinez gets his time to shine, now considered one of the best in the Prem.

Gets in a fight with Ryan - Sanchez gets his chance, Now called up to the Spain squad.

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Maupay is a goalkeepers best friend.

Injures Leno - Martinez gets his time to shine, now considered one of the best in the Prem.

Gets in a fight with Ryan - Sanchez gets his chance, Now called up to the Spain squad.

Don't forget all the chances he fluffs to give all the Prem keepers a nice stat boost :whistle:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It would have been so easy for Potter to stick with Ryan as realistically nobody (certainly on here) was to know what an impact BBS was going to have, we all knew Ryan was struggling and we needed a different option but big brass balls for Potter have paid off. I doff my cap.

I reckon I was one of the first to call it after pointing out Ryan's goals conceded compared to xG against this season were terrible. It wasn't so much that he'd been dropping clangers, but that he'd only been making the regulation saves and not the sort of top-drawer saves that you occasionally need your keeper to make to win games - and Sanchez has made a few of them. The fact that he dominates his box far more is just an added bonus.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I reckon I was one of the first to call it after pointing out Ryan's goals conceded compared to xG against this season were terrible. It wasn't so much that he'd been dropping clangers, but that he'd only been making the regulation saves and not the sort of top-drawer saves that you occasionally need your keeper to make to win games - and Sanchez has made a few of them. The fact that he dominates his box far more is just an added bonus.

Ahem. TBF some of us called it a season ago. Ryan’s been lacking for a good while.

Edit, example:

I just can’t remember the last time I thought. “Wow what a save”.

It may seem harsh but this is the Premier League, it’s ruthless and we want to progress as a club. You can’t let a goal in every time there’s a half decent effort on target.

(For those who can’t take criticism: this is based on the whole season, not tonight)

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ploy from Spain to tie him down to Spain? I wonder, as I know he’s eligible for England, Spain and given his parents one would assume he’s got lineage elsewhere also,

Very likely, although whilst I'm not sure he is yet at the level to keep for a team challenging for international honours, I would point out that my key word is 'yet'.

If I was in Spanish team selection I'd tie him down. If I was Southgate I would have been playing him in the next match....

Can we agree Potter called something correct here...... ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here