Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Would you like all four south coast teams to be in the Premier?

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Sorry to Plymouth and Exeter but I mean Brighton,Portsmouth,Bournemouth ,and Saints. I think it would be great to have a strong representation on the coast. It would mean a lot less travelling involved and rivalries would increase with big crowds all round.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Quite like Pompey being two divisions below us, but if they ever develop a half decent player, like Clarke we can buy him then loan him for a year or two.

Bournemouth and Saints, i'm indifferent about

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I’ve been to the other 3 areas and in my opinion next to Brighton , Bournemouth is 2nd nicest place probably to live . Wasn’t overly impressed with either Southampton or Portsmouth , seems to have a lot of Lego land type housing all bunched tightly together . Maybe that was just the areas I drove through I don’t know but Bournemouth seemed to have more character but still not as nice as Brighton and Hove .

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Don't care, we don't have any real rivalry with them. Bournemouth always seem to beat us and it's good to be able to lord it over Pompey and Saints..... So on reflection all three in League Two would be nice.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
No.

I would like Southampton, Portsmouth and Bournemouth to remain in existence whilst experiencing the most miserable run of results and league finishes possible until they all sink to league two and remain in the lower half of that division for eternity, drawing us in the cup occasionally where we hand them an absolute beating.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Doesn't bother me to be honest, as I live in London, and tend to travel by train to games.
Almost impossible for me to get back from evening games at Bournemouth.

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes, if we were always the top of the 4 and Pompey we're always bottom of the 4 and we always took all 6 points from pompey a year.

If we could all have Vicente type performances against pompey that would be a bonus.

Otherwise, no.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Anyone who drives up the M6, M1 or any northern motorway will notice how every junction seems to have a EPL team on it. It must be nice to be able to jump in the car a couple of hours before KO and go to most away games rather than get up at 4:30 am or return in the snow via Leatherhead at 3:30 am.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
No.

I would like Southampton, Portsmouth and Bournemouth to remain in existence whilst experiencing the most miserable run of results and league finishes possible until they all sink to league two and remain in the lower half of that division for eternity, drawing us in the cup occasionally where we hand them an absolute beating.

You weren't tempted by the fence then? :lolol:

May I add in the occasional (league 2) play-off final disappointment, just to raise their hopes of an upturn in fortunes, only to be back flirting with relegation to the national league the following year? ???

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Would like to play them in a preseason tournament,

I've previously thought that a South Coast Cup would be a good idea for a pre-season tournament, would actually make it something interesting to play for.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope just us.

I don’t like any of them. Pompey because their fans are animals, as are Plymouth’s. Bournemouth’s are smug homophobic twats from my experience of games I’ve been to there, Saints haven’t even had us on their radar until recently and I’m still bitter about their lack of class at Withdean when we won the League One title. Feck ‘em all let Brighton carry the South Coast flag in the PL

Exeter I quite like but it’s not going to happen is it?

You may have noticed that I love a bit of pigeonholing :wink:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Don't care, we don't have any real rivalry with them. Bournemouth always seem to beat us and it's good to be able to lord it over Pompey and Saints..... So on reflection all three in League Two would be nice.
Of course we do. I never understand why football fans (not just us) try to pretend there aren't other teams they dislike beyond what you might call an "official" rival.

Personally, I can't stand the skates with their "massive club best fanns in inglund" mantra, and I don't like Bournemouth, much as I don't like a bad smell that keeps hanging around. Southampton I can't say I dislike (the wrong half of my family supports them as well as my best mate), but really REALLY want to lord it over them for a change.

I'd also add Reading to these teams as a team not on the coast but very much in our region that I don't like much.

As for the question, I'm happy for Southampton to be at the top table with us, but am very much enjoying the others being lower down and Portsmouth being in league one forever and f**king up games against the might of Salford, the tin pot skate tw4ts.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Dont really feel anything about the other south coast clubs, no feeling of rivaly/derby when we play.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No.

Is the correct answer.

And with the 'clad all over' clowns down there with them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here