Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Form table

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
D63E6D78-61C3-4E26-BBF8-D833013CB0AC.jpeg
Over the last ten matches we are 7th in the table. The form table link and the tracker thread (currently 1 above) are the best way to keep things in perspective. If we’d gained three more points from Palace, West Brom and Leicester we’d be 5th in the form table above Man United. Potter in. UTA. Form table https://thefiformtable.php?table=1shy.co.uk/

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
These tables totally depend on how many matches you want to count back from but, yeh, we're playing well and finding a few wins

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
:lolol:

How can this be!!?? The way this board has been carrying on last couple of weeks, you’d be forgiven for thinking we’re the worse team in the world!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
:lolol:

How can this be!!?? The way this board has been carrying on last couple of weeks, you’d be forgiven for thinking we’re the worse team in the world!

Probably because our goal difference and goals scored is so low making our position feel precarious.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Probably because our goal difference and goals scored is so low making our position feel precarious.

Over 10 games only 1 side has conceded less goals than us. We are definitely in a precarious position. Doesn't necessarily justify the extent of the criticism and not seeing the effort and quality of the performances, acknowledging the key injuries that have impacted our form, and the inexplicable opportunities we've missed.

We've played a lot better in other games than we did against Saints yesterday, dominated more, had much better chances and lost. Those are the breaks. Call it luck, good fortune, whatever else, but we took our chances yesterday. Fingers crossed we continue to do so.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

This is what makes this season so stressful. Every game is on the margin. We have won a league game by more than a goal only once this season. We have lost by more than one goal only twice. Every other game has, until the final whistle, (and in one case after it) been one action away from glory or despair. During these games I have eaten all of my finger nails, half of my fingers and am now feasting on my shattered nerves. Southampton hardly looked interested after we went ahead yesterday and we managed them well, but even to the last second, I was peering through my fingers, waiting for the out of the blue worldy, fluke or mad refereeing decision to ruin everything. Imagine being a team who goes two goals ahead. The life that those people must live!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
What a shame saints had such a good start.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
And just reflect on those three defeats for a second

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
This is what makes this season so stressful. Every game is on the margin. We have won a league game by more than a goal only once this season. We have lost by more than one goal only twice. Every other game has, until the final whistle, (and in one case after it) been one action away from glory or despair. During these games I have eaten all of my finger nails, half of my fingers and am now feasting on my shattered nerves. Southampton hardly looked interested after we went ahead yesterday and we managed them well, but even to the last second, I was peering through my fingers, waiting for the out of the blue worldy, fluke or mad refereeing decision to ruin everything. Imagine being a team who goes two goals ahead. The life that those people must live!

That is an interesting point. So 11 draws, 5 wins, and 9 defeats – 25 games out of 28 on a knife edge of getting/losing points or not. No wonder people do start to lose it a bit...:mad:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's a good job West Brom brought in Big Sam, he's really turned things around at the Hawthorns, eh? :lolol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Its all becoming very clear to me, we need to be playing the last game of the season 1 point more and 1 goal difference better than Newcastle and Fulham.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
View attachment 134915
Over the last ten matches we are 7th in the table. The form table link and the tracker thread (currently 1 above) are the best way to keep things in perspective. If we’d gained three more points from Palace, West Brom and Leicester we’d be 5th in the form table above Man United.
If we'd taken those three points by beating Leicester, we'd be above them and in 4th.position, not 5th. Come to think of it, if we'd have drawn all three, Leicester would have had two fewer points and we'd have been in fourth place above them anyway.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Ha, yeh, this season has been off the scale stressful. Only two out of 28 games decided before the last few minutes is crazy.

My legs could barely take my weight by the end of the game yesterday.

Oh for a lovely 3 up by half time sort of game

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
If we'd taken those three points by beating Leicester, we'd be above them and in 4th.position, not 5th. Come to think of it, if we'd have drawn all three, Leicester would have had two fewer points and we'd have been in fourth place above them anyway.

Exactly right. Just goes to show that maybe we are actually doing better than people sometimes think. Obviously we’re not out of the woods yet, but the ‘last ten games’ form table is a good indicator of trajectory. There are a lot of transnational doing far worse than us. We’re playing pretty well and getting points on the board.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Exactly right. Just goes to show that maybe we are actually doing better than people sometimes think. Obviously we’re not out of the woods yet, but the ‘last ten games’ form table is a good indicator of trajectory. There are a lot of transnational doing far worse than us. We’re playing pretty well and getting points on the board.

Trouble is, the form guide tends to use the last 6 rather than the last 10.
https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:premier-league/form/matches:6/type:home-and-away

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
To be fair, our form hasn’t really wavered all season. No one has stuffed us and we have always been in matches with a chance of winning. With a bit more luck we would be mid table. With a couple of better strikers - who knows? We really could be competing as a top 8 club.
OK, our position in the table is actually poor, but as a football club we have never had it so good, and never had such aspirations as we do now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here