Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which was the BEST goal? Dunk or Trossard?

Which was the best goal?

• Dunk header

Votes: 35 12.9%
  • Trossard shot

Votes: 237 87.1%

• Total voters

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Well, we were spolit for choice today; not only TWO goals - but more than that, both superb in their own way. But which was the best?

Dunk's bullet header
Great header, direct from the corner kick and from miles out too. Superb corner to put the ball in the perfect place for Dunk to attack it and magnificent placment by Dunk to get the header just inside the keeper's left hand post.

Trossard's winner
Great first touch to get the ball out from his feet, no hesitation and superb smash into top bins. But made even better by some neat approach play and a sublime first-time lay off by Welbeck that steered the ball right into Trossard's stride. Great skill.

POLL to follow, for those who like that sort of thing.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I'd say Tross, just. We know Dunk can do that, but we've really struggled to score a goal like the second in recent weeks. Hopefully gives us a bit of confidence moving forwards.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Trossards goal. Great pass from Veltman to Lallana, great pass to Welbeck, great touch to Trossard, great finish. Another superb team goal and we’ve had a few this year in between all the misses.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Tross. When Dunk scored I thought "ok, seen this before, they'll make it 1-1". When Tross scored 2-1 U thought "hmm, what is this? What happens now?" and things turned out well.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Dunk’s was very good but Trossard’s was better

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Trossards goal. Great pass from Veltman to Lallana, great pass to Welbeck, great touch to Trossard, great finish. Another superb team goal and we’ve had a few this year in between all the misses.
Indeed - add it to the winner at Leeds, the winner at Liverpool, the winner vs Spurs, the winner at Villa etc and you’ve got a collection of great team goals we’d have only dreamed of not that long ago.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Veltman - forward pass (not just simple or backwards) into Lallana. AL does similar and picks out a direct purposeful ball. Welbeck knows where Tross is and just plays it as if he has eyes closed. Cool and calm finish but the fact it was really smashed in made it look even better. That and the goal at Leeds are Pottery in motion :clap2:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Trossard.

For a split second it looked like he was going to get the ball stuck under his feet, and we’d have yet another contender for Albion Miss of the Season...

Then...

“Shit! Did you see that? He must have a foot like a traction engine!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think keeper should have saved Dunks header. Looked slow to react IMO.

Maybe. But, Foster’s not a particularly good ‘keeper and it was as placed wide and low and as fast as possible making it very difficult for a good ‘keeper to get to let alone an average one....Dunk did exactly what he needed to do to beat him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They were both quality but I received a message from a Palace friend, after Trossard’s, saying What a goal!

Then again, what does a Palace fan know?

Obviously the second - the Welbeck accuracy on the assist is something that's been a too rare a commodity this season, and partly explains all those crazy xG stats, it's rare it gets puts on a plate for our shooters

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Maybe. But, Foster’s not a particularly good ‘keeper and it was as placed wide and low and as fast as possible making it very difficult for a good ‘keeper to get to let alone an average one....Dunk did exactly what he needed to do to beat him.
Agreed. Forster may well be the least agile keeper in the league (not surprising given the size of him), but I don’t think many keepers are getting near that header. Text book from Dunk, firm and directed downwards right in the corner.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I've gone for Dunks header.
To beat the keeper at that range with his head is astounding.the keeper was even diving back into is goal to stop it.rocket header.
Trossards goal was excellent too but I would expect him to score from there,welbecks pass was the best bit.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Tross', easily, but not (just) because of the shot -- which is the poll option -- but the entire move, which [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] captures perfectly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here