Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Oh No!!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I thought for a moment it might be because Gross took the corner with the ball outside the markings. The linesman picked him up on the following occasion.

Not so clever now, are you VAR ? :wanker:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I think you’re jumping the gun here; the official decision reversing the goal isn’t due until the PL meet on Monday afternoon. You need to allow at least 24 hrs after the final whistle for a result to be adjusted against Brighton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Corner was fine. The ball doesn’t have to touch the line.

It was neither inside, or touching the edge, it was completely outside the corner area. I noted that as he went to take it. The next corner was picked up by the lino.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think you’re jumping the gun here; the official decision reversing the goal isn’t due until the PL meet on Monday afternoon. You need to allow at least 24 hrs after the final whistle for a result to be adjusted against Brighton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shit.

Mods, delete post #3

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The ref left the pitch this time, so goal stands! ???

There is always a first time.

We’ve seen a goal scored after the final whistle, we’ve seen a perfectly good free-kick goal re-taken after it’s been given, we’re going to have a very very bad Monday once the EPL panel get hold of the footage of Dunk touching a Southampton player in the box.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It was neither inside, or touching the edge, it was completely outside the corner area. I noted that as he went to take it. The next corner was picked up by the lino.

Not the rule buddy. Doesn’t matter on what’s touching anything. Birdseye view above that ball - if any part is overlapping any of the white line it’s fine. Camera angles make the mind think it’s not in etc - but that’s 99.9% overlapping (there is no camera angle to confirm this)

Tried to add a pic but won’t let me

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not the rule buddy. Doesn’t matter on what’s touching anything. Birdseye view above that ball - if any part is overlapping any of the white line it’s fine. Camera angles make the mind think it’s not in etc - but that’s 99.9% overlapping (there is no camera angle to confirm this)

Tried to add a pic but won’t let me

Screenshot 2021-03-14 171858.png

Screenshot 2021-03-14 171858 (2).png

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Yep - imagine going up to that ball and looking at it from above - part of the circle you see of the whole ball will be overlapping the edge of that line. It’s a trick of the eye angle - we did this at refs course when I qualified donkeys years ago as a youth.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yep - imagine going up to that ball and looking at it from above - part of the circle you see of the whole ball will be overlapping the edge of that line. It’s a trick of the eye angle - we did this at refs course when I qualified donkeys years ago as a youth.

I'm not complaining anyway :lolol:

If it was incorrect, I'll take it as a balancer.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
It's the same reason that "did it cross the line" disputed goals are looked at from above and must be 100% completely over the line to be given.
If it's not 100% past the line then it's deemed on the line.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Absolutely fine for reasons given above. I am astounded by the number of fans that don’t know this.

Yup. I had a sneaky peek on the Saints forum after the game (for a laugh, like) and there were a couple of them doing their NUT over the ball "not being in the quadrant" for that corner.

But then the other week we had a commentator and co-commentator who didn't even know the rule about a forward touching the ball when a penalty comes back off the woodwork without it being touched by another player. And they are bloody PAID to know whats going on ffs.

Ignorance rules.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yup. I had a sneaky peek on the Saints forum after the game (for a laugh, like) and there were a couple of them doing their NUT over the ball "not being in the quadrant" for that corner.

But then the other week we had a commentator and co-commentator who didn't even know the rule about a forward touching the ball when a penalty comes back off the woodwork without it being touched by another player. And they are bloody PAID to know whats going on ffs.

Ignorance rules.

Yep - Welbeck had technically kicked that pen twice. I’ve said it on here 20 times before but I reckon 90% of ‘tight’ throw-ins given are still in. Of course, very hard to tell in normal time and every bench min the country seems to appeal when the ball is still in for throws but that’s the game I guess!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yep - Welbeck had technically kicked that pen twice. I’ve said it on here 20 times before but I reckon 90% of ‘tight’ throw-ins given are still in. Of course, very hard to tell in normal time and every bench min the country seems to appeal when the ball is still in for throws but that’s the game I guess!

Keep it down though eh. We'll end up with VAR checking throw-in decisions otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here