Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The half-time change

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Much praise from Danny Murphy and the BBC pundits about Graham Potter's tactical half-time change, and how it led to our second-half control of the game, and, ultimately, the victory.

Up steps Graham Potter for his post-match interview and reveals it was an enforced change as Dan Burn had a tight hamstring (I think that's what he said anyway, as BBC immediately cut him off to end the broadcast).

Feels like a bit of luck we were due.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He pulled up first half so it was obvious.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
This time a hamstring worked in our (short term) favour. It is a concern though the number of similar injuries we have in the squad . Is it the type of training ? The time of year after a hard season and short break from last year? .... or just bad luck?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But overall the substitutions were excellent.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This time a hamstring worked in our (short term) favour. It is a concern though the number of similar injuries we have in the squad . Is it the type of training ? The time of year after a hard season and short break from last year? .... or just bad luck?

Or losing the ball and over stretching which Burn did

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Made me laugh out loud when he said that. Shshhhh Graham!

That said. Given the options Ziqiri was still a tactical master stroker.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

My impression without checking the stats is that most teams in the Premier League have suffered more injuries than usual due to having to play to Prem standard in a compacted Covid season, so I would say not a concern, just the norm this season.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I thought Potter had withdrawn Burn as he had been told that every time he had the ball he nearly gave me a heartache. I blame NSC as I quite like Burn (sometimes)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Changes are always dead easy to retrospectively hail as a master stroke. In reality, they sometimes might get you a result and sometimes might not. But it's mainly purely random how it works out. Sake! :rolleyes:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Thought zequiri was excellent . Fast up the wing , good in the tackle and much more of a goal threat than burn ( obviously) !

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
GP may have been being completely honest, protecting BDB, or a bit of both, but Zeqiri's performance certainly didn't give the appearance of someone 'covering' that position without a hell of a lot of work having been done on the training pitches :whistle:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Burn was absolutely critical in creating the ‘tap-in’ chance for Groß. He seemed to juggle the ball from deep supplying a sublime assist that most professional footballers would have buried.

As for some posters implying that he was at fault for their goal, I’m afraid it was 80% Dunk’s fault as he played Adams onside and then slowed the ball down with his head for a lovely assist (for Che). Veltman & Sanchez were 10% at fault respectively.

Burn was average but not poor as many are making out.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
7 men on the sub bench and not a defender in sight. Same in the last match .
Why would you have no defensive players and loads of strikers and attacking midfielders

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Just bad luck l think, something that we have had more than our fair share of this season. We need big Dan back for next week though, we are down to our bare bones defensively speaking.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here